Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I’m trying to lower our monthly AT&T bill and keep our watches active. I tried calling and taking to customer retention the other day and inquired about a monthly bill credit for the two Apple Watches we have on our account. Of course the guy said he had never heard of such a thing before.

How have the folks on this forum been able to get free wearable monthly credit with AT&T? They didn’t want to budge and we’ve been with them for 8 years.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
ATT will waive the activation fee and give you a $30 bill credit for a new Watch. After that, I haven't heard of any successful bill reductions. Would be interested if anyone has?

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
My Apple Watch 3 has had a monthly $10 credit since it came out. It used not data. When I called to turn it off. They said they would credit it back. I didn’t ask.

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
My Apple Watch 3 has had a monthly $10 credit since it came out. It used not data. When I called to turn it off. They said they would credit it back. I didn’t ask.

This. I don’t get this at all. Say more, please.

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
This. I don’t get this at all. Say more, please.

I was using no data with my watch. So I called to cancel it. They said since I was such a good customer they would credit me back $10.00 a month as long as they line stayed active. So ever since then I just pay taxes of like $3 for the watch each month.

aloecool

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I was using no data with my watch. So I called to cancel it. They said since I was such a good customer they would credit me back $10.00 a month as long as they line stayed active. So ever since then I just pay taxes of like $3 for the watch each month.

How long did you have it before you called to cancel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.