Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronrs7

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I have always had LTE on my iphone five. For some reason my brand new 6 plus will only pick up 4G. I was with a group of people with all different versions of iphones and I'm the only one with 4G. I called AT&T and the lady tried to tell me that LTE and 4G are the same thing and it didn't matter since there was no difference. I know that this definitely is not true. I just want to know if there is something actually wrong with my phone. I had to go through h*** and back to get this phone and the last thing I want to do is take it back. I have heard that apple doesn't even have any left to give people as replacements.

the4thmatrix

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Pasadena, CA
I know this will sound silly but have you verified LTE has been enabled on your iPhone? You can do this by going to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE.

If it is enabled and you're still not getting signal then you may have a hardware problem.

aaronrs7

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Yes, that's the first thing I checked. I also did a full network reset today and I'm still just stuck on 4g. When I get a chance I'm just going to take it to apple since all AT&T can tell me is that 4g and LTE are the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.