Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jac2598

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
New Hyde Park / Lake Success Area

Just grabbed this earlier. Noticed the icon switch from 4G to LTE at the Meadowbrook Parkway.

Attachments

• ATT_LTE.PNG
    ATT_LTE.PNG
    499.4 KB · Views: 92

scuda

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Just got to work this morning driving in from Queens to the Mineola-East Williston area had LTE all the way to work. Did a speed test when I got in the office.

Attachments

• speedtest.PNG
    speedtest.PNG
    196.1 KB · Views: 50

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Can anyone confirm lte east of the east meadow/westbury area? Im beginning to think i am on the edge of its limits.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Ohhhhh fast! I'm east if meadowbrook near the m9 entrance/exit on the water in Freeport but speed test keeps saying I'm in Tulsa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 48

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
When I pulled into the parking lot in the office, for a little while, it was pulling a server in Kansas. I restarted the app and I'm back to the NY server.
ill give that a try. to bad the LTE gives me like only 2 bars, i had more with 4g lol but its still like 50 times faster, lol i just did it again, gave me PA, guess thats better then Kansas

tworth23

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
I'm in bellmore at Merrick Rd/Newbridge rd and have LTE

----------

My LTE at Newbridge and Merrick rd bellmore gave me 12 down but upload was 0.28. Probably because they're testing it

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
I'm turnings LTE when I'm at home those incase I get that usage when on wifi thing they might be on AT&T to

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
When I left for work this morning my phone just had 4G service. On the LIRR into the city, LTE kicked in around baldwin.. it never used to until jamaica.

mobiletech

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
now we wait till all the jerks on the island hog the LTE lol and it becomes slowwwwwww

That really won't happen, 3G is slow on the island because no one projected the acceptance of smartphones to be so quick and there is a lot red tape with town regulations. To make the necessary Changes would be too expensive and take too long.

Had I known Verizon has 4g everywhere on LI, I would have defiantly cancelled my AT&T plan. Then again 5mbps isn't exactly slow....

A420Turbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
NY
Those AT&T coverage maps were last updated 9/21 so they are not up to date yet

tworth23

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
They're turning on and off to test. I'm at Merrick rd/ Newbridge rd in bellmore and no longer have LTE signal as I did in the morning.

Maverick713

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Way fast

I live in valley stream, and my company's main office is in NHP and as of today I have blistering fast Data in both. So how long before VoIP LTE?

tworth23

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
FiveColor, where are you located?

Can everyone please post their locations. Thanks

kamusta1

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
LTE here at in New Hyde Park - On Marcus Ave - between Lakeville Rd & New Hyde Park Rd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.