AT&T Mark the Spot app.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jcbauerca, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jcbauerca macrumors member

jcbauerca

There is an app at the app store called AT&T Mark the spot. This app is to mark your location when you get a dropped call or what ever other problem that you might have on the network. Supposedly it then transmits the info to AT&T to help them find the weak areas in their network.

I had 3 drops in a 30 minute call in a open parking lot on my 3gs. Hopefully this will pinpoint where service is weak for them so they can FIX THE Dxxx NETWORK. Can you tell that I am pissed??

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I love that app. I use it almost as much as I use my iBurgh app. I've sent off so many of those AT&T things I'm surprised I haven't been kicked off the network.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

I love this app as well. I tell AT&T practically daily how slow their 3G data network is for my area. Maybe AT&T will sent me a free micro cell.

4. jcbauerca thread starter macrumors member

jcbauerca

Yep, I am sending them something on every call if it does not complete properly. However BTW, they can see drop calls from your account, so be careful and don't exaggerate the problems otherwise they may think that it's full of BS and ignore you.

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Data sucks on the MCell too. Only thing it's really good for is voice.

I didn't know that. I sent them a little hate mail in the additional info. :D

6. Resist macrumors 68030

Voice takes up more space than data. So how can the Micro Cell suck for data? Especially since the Micro Cell uses your home broad band internet connection.

7. jcbauerca thread starter macrumors member

jcbauerca

Ha ha I do too, but in a nice way.