Just got an AW4 with cellular from AT&T. Has not been sending messages when I ask it to. Just found this from AT&T's site:
So am I reading this correct that this is a totally insane implementation of AW and iMessage? Like we FINALLY just got iCloud Message syncing in place and now if you buy a top of the line AW, your messages won't sync?? If so, does every other carrier give the same experience?Messaging experience when syncing with iPhone
For the best possible experience while using the NumberSync for wearables service, you’ll need to turn off iMessage® in order to receive synced text messages on the smartwatch. From your iPhone®:
- Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage and select OFF.
- When not utilizing NumberSync for wearables turn iMessage back on.
With iMessage off:
- Incoming SMS/MMS messages will be delivered to your smartphone and smartwatch.
- You can send and receive messages with your smartphone number from your smartwatch.
- Outgoing messages will not be synced between the smartphone and smartwatch.
- Incoming message status (e.g. read/unread) will not be synced between devices.
- Messages deleted from the smartwatch will not delete from the smartwatch.
- Messages deleted from the smartphone will not delete from the smartwatch.
- Message notifications will be delivered to the smartphone and smartwatch.
With iMessage on:
- You can send SMS text messages with your smartphone number from your smartwatch.
- Incoming iMessage texts will be delivered to your smartphone, but not to your smartwatch, even when within close proximity with a Bluetooth connection.
- Message threads/history/read/unread/delete status will not mirror each other between your smartphone and smartwatch.
- Notifications will not be delivered to the smartwatch.