AT&T MicroCell Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Dec 21, 2010.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Is there anyway to "un-cap" the MicroCell puts on Data? I mean it is absolutely ridiculous how slow it makes your data, sure you get 5 full bars & great calls but terrible data speeds, it seems like AT&T should be fixing this, what do they care how fast our data is, it can only go as fast as the network allows.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

I think it's a different cap for each phone. For my iphone 3G, the speed is pretty slow compared to wifi, but on an iphone 4, the speed is about the same as wifi.

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Man, I wish mine had speeds the same as wi-fi, as I said before with the MicroCell using Rhapsody is almost impossible because it takes so long for the songs to buffer so it will play a little then stop, then play etc...it's terrible.

Am I the only MicroCell owner having this issue??

4. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

No, the Microcell cripples 3G data speeds for some reason. If you've got wifi at home, use it.

5. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

I was just wondering the same thing. If you have a Microcell it means you already have high speed internet at home so why not just use wifi with your phone? I guess if you're one of the few folks who don't have a wireless network setup that would be an issue, but I can't imagine why you wouldn't want one anyway.