AT&T MMS Rough Date (from AT&T rep)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geniusdog254, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Well I just chatted with an AT&T rep trying to get MMS working for a different phone (not my iphone but on the same line). The woman wouldn't do anything other than repeat the drivel they tell them to. "You cannot send an MMS message even using the RAZR like you want because you are on an iPhone line" Even though I have an unlimited messaging plan that includes MMS. It won't work on my iPhone, my RAZR, or my G1 and I'm trying to solve it but anyway more to the point of this topic. I told her I was paying for the service and the iPhone supports it so I should be able to use it and she said that it doesn't support MMS until late summer. This may not sound like much but it is more than the late 2009 Apple told us at WWDC. Hope this helps someone and I'm open to MMS suggestions ;)

Heres a pic of the end of the convo, note my text is red and the rep's is black.

Attached Files:

2. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

3. ballen420 macrumors 6502

4. samcraig macrumors P6

"The stupid b**ch wouldn't do anything other than repeat the drivel they tell them to. "

You might want to seek anger management or at least brush up on not treating women with such contempt. There are better ways to express yourself then resorting to this kind of name calling.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Why is "Thank you for being a loyal AT&T customer" in Quotes (In your attachment)?

Do they not think that you're a loyal AT&T customer? :p

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

What is the problem with MMS?

I had MMS on my Razr 4 years ago with Cingular. Is it not the same network?

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

What is late summer? I'm in NY and we haven't even seen summer yet. I think the Earth shifter and summer is now in dec, but that's just my theory.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Are you perhaps trying to take your iphone sim and put it in your razr and then back into the iphone so you can jury-rig mms?

Or is your razr genuinely activated itself and cannot use MMS?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You might have tried looking at all the other threads on MMS before even wasting your time posting here.

10. Geniusdog254 thread starter macrumors regular

No I actually am not trying to jury rig MMS I'm going on a trip that I don't wanna risk losing my iPhone on and am taking my old RAZR and would like MMS to send some pics back. It was the same phone that was on my line before my iPhone and it worked fine then. I have a regular (not iPhone) unlimited messaging plan that includes MMS and I'm rather peeved that it won't work like I pay for it to.

And to the one who says I should get anger management. I don't have anger issues and am typically very respectful to women, however when you pay for a service you expect it to work, do you not agree? And sorry if Apple did say late summer, from my understanding I thought they had said late 2009.

11. iphone529 macrumors regular

Who uses MMS anyway, just send an e-mail and be done with it. Screw MMS!

12. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

You know that phenomenon where two people at opposite ends of the world come up with the same theory at the same time? Well we are on the same side of the world, but I have this exact theory. Today is actually nice outside, but now it doesn't feel right, its like the Earth blew its chance already.

Anyways, to stay on topic. This thread is worthless. You are posting information that Apple already stated. Why can't people just wait a little bit longer? Whatever, I'm more interested in discussing NY weather than MMS anyways.

13. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I bet thats what Steve Jobs said. :cool:

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

LO, The funny part of that line is that is what everyone was using to deffind apple NOT using MMS and not Supporting.

Personally I feel a huge part of all the problems with MMS and the iPhone trace completely back to apple failing to support it from the beginning. It also could be something in the back ground of it that apple screwed with making MMS hard for ATT to support.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I've said it before - but I just get into the whole MMS thing. If I want to send a picture - I send it via email. I have no need to send a media enriched message to anyone I associate with who doesn't have access to email. And anyone who I know doesn't have a capable phone, they can wait until they get home to see what I sent.

But that's just me

16. Christopher8258 macrumors newbie

You're 100% correct. That is why att made a texting plan just for the iphone. Now they have to deploy a system wide change to remove it.

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

which is no easy task in itself

18. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Bravo well said:rolleyes:

and for the rest of us, providing the service can't come soon enough

19. aarcarr macrumors member

Where did he say that?

20. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

the OP edited their initial post

21. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The OP edited his post because came off as a angry little man.

MMS is fine because when someone does send me an MMS I'd like not to go to viewmymessage.com to get the picture. And a rough date for MMS is end of summer which has been stated and restated ad nauseam. People need to learn to read.

22. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why doesn't he edit the whole post.....that is, delete it.

23. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Does anyone know if MMS will ever come to ATT and how much will they charge??????

J/K couldn't resist.

The rumors for the new ipod touches are already starting
    how many posts will we see like this;
    will the new touch have a camera
    new touch will have a camera
    do you think they will put a camera on the new touch
    touch refresh with camera
    touch to have front and back camera
    touch camera 3mp weak should have 12mp
    can hardly wait myself

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

news breaking

not, So what you expected the AT&T rep to tell you something off the record! :rolleyes: really your the one that looks bad she was doing her job! you were being (another word for Donkey!)

25. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

mule?