Carrier AT&T Mobile Value Share/NEXT question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emjaycee18, Nov 2, 2014.

1. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

Finally made the switch to AT&T Mobile Value Share with the new increase in data allotments. Our old plan was a better value up until now.

But long story short with how our family splits the monthly bills, my wife pays our phone bill; but I've always bought the devices (contract pricing).

If we get a new device using NEXT, is there a way for AT&T to bill me and not the wife; or does the NEXT payment have to go on the same bill as the service.

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Same bill. You can login through the website and make payments yourself, if that helps any.

3. emjaycee18 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info, but that doesn't help my situation. The wife and I have two different banking/bill pay philosophies. I do everything online and never carry cash, while she still writes personal checks and pays cash when possible.

She would go nuts trying to balance her checkbook if we paid everything out of one account.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you do a 2-year contract then you still pay the $199 up-front like you used to in the past.

If you do either of the Next methods (where you only pay sales tax up-front, and then pay monthly for the phone over 20 or 24 months), you yourself could still login to the ATT website and make the monthly payments (from your credit card) for the phones, and she could mail in a check for the service part of the bill.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you do AT&T Next, the monthly installments will be billed under that account. They will not bill it separately, so will definitely go with the service.

As others have said, when you get the statement, go online, and pay the monthly installments with your money and have her handle the rest.

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

The bill will be itemized, so you could still go online and pay the installment share of the bill while your wife could then pay the balance with whatever instrument she wishes to use. Just do everything before the due date.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

As mentioned, this isn't difficult. Just have her pay the bill total less the fixed monthly contribution you pay online.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

My husband and I have the same kind of arrangement financially. When it comes to a phone upgrade, he just writes me a check for the full cost and I apply it up front to the bill.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Just write HER a check each month.

Or give her cash.

Or after a month, pay the whole phone off.

(some people make life too difficult - just one man's opinion)