At&t Monitoring Mms?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rxshelbs, Oct 19, 2009.

1. rxshelbs macrumors newbie

rxshelbs

My friend just forwarded a couple inappropriate pictures to me in MMS, and they were blocked by AT&T servers and deemed inappropriate. IS THIS NORMAL>??

Attached Files:

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

learn reading comprehension. The images you were sent were too large. Not any kind of scenario you're dreaming up here.

3. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Or, whatever he was sending was incompatible with the MMS protocol.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    The file was too big. Do you think that AT&T approves each one? I doubt it. If they do that should that, they should do something better with their time. :p :)

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Pro tip: When making stuff up, don't post a photo that contradicts your story!

It kind of kills the thread.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

7. NinjaKid macrumors member

deemed inappropriate?

Where does it say "deemed inappropriate"?

8. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Yesterday one of my iPhone users (I'm one of the IT guys and unofficially in charge of the company supported mobile phones) had this message or something like it. One of my Sprint users sent an MMS to several employees which was actually work related. I'm used to employees not playing by technology rules so I blamed the sender at first saying the image was probably too big. I later found out Tmobile got it fine, Verizon got it fine, AT&T didn't get it. The iPhone user claimed he missed out on other MMSes but this was the first message about file size.

I guess their MMS image limit is too small or at least smaller compared to other networks. Not sure if it's an iPhone limit or a network limit. Another AT&T fail. It's these little things that made me ban the purchase of any new AT&T lines. Other AT&T fails I've had to hear complaining about include dropped calls, no AT&T signal in about 25% of the building, and random calls going straight to voicemail while the phone is just sitting on the desk not being used. No ring or anything. A few months ago several of my employees weren't getting any voicemails for a week or two then all of a sudden they each got a flood of like 20 or so which is bad in our line of business.

No other carrier/phone is perfect but there's way too many issues for me to deal with and I'm sick of hearing the complaining so if our end users want AT&T now they have to buy it/pay for it out of pocket and support their own lines.

9. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Total reading comprehension fail. The pictures were too big or in an invalid format. Nice try...

10. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Stop trying to make AT&T look bad because you couldn't get a signal one time in the middle of nowhere. AT&T is doing their best it's not some evil company out to bring harm to the consumer like everyone acts like it is. All this anti ATT BS is getting old

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Hey, lets not be so quick to judge. Let's see those pictures just to be sure. ;)

12. ikaka macrumors regular

ikaka

Well you probably don't live in NYC and didn't try calling someone from Manhattan.

13. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

+1

14. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Post here, let the experts be the judge.....us :D

15. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Their algorithm stops mms when pics are over 60% fleshtones. :eek: