AT&T monthly charge of 22.80?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krashx7, Sep 12, 2014.

1. krashx7 macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Got my pre-order in on their website. I just noticed on my checked there is note for a monthly charge of 22.08.. I did not choose the next plan. Just the standard 2 year commitment and kept my unlimited data. So does this mean my bill goes up now by 22 dollars just for upgrading? Cause if so **** that Im about to cancel it..
  2. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2012
  3. markyr17 macrumors 65816

Apr 8, 2010
    I've never heard of this. Have you tried contacting AT&T to see what the charge is?
  4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    If you were out of contract, you got a discounted rate on your monthly plan. That discounted rate is effectively negated since you have entered a contract again.

If you were not out of contract, they are simply breaking down the "negated discount" in a different manner. I am assuming you entered your contract (if you were in one) BEFORE they changed their pricing breakdwons?
  5. Chargerdan macrumors member

May 24, 2011
    Do you have a 24% discount on your account? I saw the same thing on my receipt and it said $24.60/month. It's the $30 unlimited charge minus my 18% corporate discount. They just want to remind you of the monthly data charge you have to have.
  6. Brandon083 macrumors member

Jun 18, 2010
    Austin, TX
    THIS - I saw this as well and for me it reflects a 25% discount off the $30 (mine shoes 22.50).
  7. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Finally got through to a rep about it. Its nothing. Your bill will not go up just disregard it.