AT&T moved up my upgrade date to June

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Azadre, May 27, 2011.

1. Azadre macrumors 6502

Anyone else notice their upgrades have been moved up? My previous date was in September which would've coincided nicely with the release of the new iPhone. But I have hope that this is a sign we could see the phone released in June.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I would just take it with a grain of salt. Really does not mean anything other then they want you to know you are free to upgrade in June at a fully subsidized price. They don't care if you get an iPhone or another smart phone.

I realized mine upgrade date was moved up in December and I don't think at that time ATT would know if a new iPhone was coming in June or not. Maybe based on previous years this maybe true.

For the last few years if your ATT main line was over $100 a month they were moving up those lines to a 12 month cycle so that could be it to.

I just would not put 2 and 2 together to think an iPhone is coming in June.

3. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

are you the main line on your account??

I upgraded my line to the iPhone 4 on launch day last year

I got the txt (after dialing *NEW#) saying

"A full disscount on a standard device or iPhone is not available at this time but you may qualify on 02/25/2012. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at 2 yr commitment pricing + $250 along with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee."

4. iFiend macrumors 65816

OP - I don't think it necessarrily means anything, although I'd be happy if it did! :)

When I do the *new# thing it tells me "you may select new equipment at full retail pricing. A discount may be available on 7/31/11" (one year to the day that I got my iPhone 4)

So what the hell is that? It may be available? Anyone else had that before?

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've always seen the same message over the years. I can still upgrade on 6/30/11 though so my date hasn't been moved.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

The same message as mine? I don't understand why it says "may be available". I only have one line, and my bill is $125 a month (including taxes)

7. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

my normal contract end would be sept. but they came to me start of may to ask if I would accept a new contract now. I said sure. I have no reason to switch carriers but wanted a new iphone 4 white for free and keep my unlimited account as before.

I got it.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

Im a good paying customer and have been for years. that counts for something I guess. Free wasn't their offer. it was my demand.

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

11. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Nope no change. In the last of the many threads I've seen on this, it looked like the majority (but not all) of the people seeing advanced dates were on the big plans paying tons of moolah. I've got a fairly bare bones plan.

12. film major macrumors member

I asked an At&t rep this and I was told that they say that because if you don't pay your bill on time or do something that pisses them off in some way they will not move your date up.

13. iFiend macrumors 65816

Ah HAH! This makes sense.

So you had the same text and that is what they said to you?

14. film major macrumors member

no not the text, I saw it on my online account. So, I called a rep and asked and that's what they told me.