AT&T "My Account" page now uses flash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtdew, Jul 15, 2007.

1. mtdew macrumors newbie

I got an email saying my bill was now available online. So I went to the My AT&T Account page that comes as a bookmark on the phone, (I had logged in previously but there really wasn't anything to see, as I had just opened an account) And after the login page I get a little box, as if I was missing a plugin.
    I went and checked from my desktop and sure enough it is now using Flash. Is it just me or is that an unbelievable stroke of genius? (sarcasm) And on a side note, it never did login, got a timeout error from their end. Apple chose well when they picked this clown factory as partners.... sheeesh.

2. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Or...that could mean that flash might be implemented into the iPhone's browser in a software update?

3. elistan macrumors 6502a

In a future update, sure. But flash certainly isn't here now!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Given that AT&T put a bookmark on the iPhone it would behoove them to make sure that anything clicked on from a cell phone would be cell-phone friendly. That would mean not flash. The mere fact that their new site is flash and the iPhone doesn't support it further supports my claim that the big boys at AT&T aren't the brightest bulbs in the box. I think it is ****** if you ask me to make your website in flash knowing that your customers can't visit it from their phones; iPhone or not.

5. oogje macrumors regular

oogje

Why does the verification process depend on the speed of my internet connection?

[​IMG]

6. David R macrumors 6502

I'm trying to log in to pay my bill and it won't let me, all sort of server errors. Great first payment experience with AT&T.

On the other hand, I just got off the phone with T-Mobile to pay the remaining charges of my account and the agent was just awesome. Friendly, polite and helpful.

I miss T-Mobile :(

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Work on your swing, buddy. :D

8. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Yeah... this is something approaching TRULY STUPID. I tried to login to AT&T and I got the same thing, and I couldn't get in any more from my iPhone. If they just took this upgrade to BREAK the system on the iPhone, that's gotta be a truly STUPID thing (considering the built-in buttons to the login screen).

~ CB

9. fart macrumors regular

probably just a stupid ATT mistake. Wouldn't be the first.

10. mrtune macrumors 6502a

The flash you guys are refering to is only for the logging in screen. Once you're actually logged in, it's fine. I can't log in even from a pc, so it's a glitch or problem with their servers, not because the iphone doesn't support flash.

11. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Indeed. I have flashblock running on Camino and it doesn't affect my ability to log into the ATT Wireless account page. That flash is just a silly animation, not anything necessary.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Won't be the last :D

:apple::apple::apple::apple: