'AT&T myWireless Mobile' Allows iPhone Users to Manage AT&T Wireless Accounts

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

AT&T today announced the availability of AT&T myWireless Mobile [App Store, Free], a new application released a few days ago that allows subscribers to manage their AT&T wireless accounts from their iPhones.

Supplementing AT&T myWireless, a popular service through www.att.com used today by millions of AT&T customers, the Mobile edition for iPhone brings greater ease and simplicity to virtually all elements of account management. The app's primary functions include:

- Bill and Pay – View monthly bill in full and make one-touch payments
- Voice and Data Usage – View all voice and data usage, including text messages
- Features – Browse and manage bolt-on features, including new texting plans and more
The application also allows parents managing several accounts through a family plan to view used minutes broken down by category, data usage, and text messages across accounts.

Article Link: 'AT&T myWireless Mobile' Allows iPhone Users to Manage AT&T Wireless Accounts

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Finally!!!

Heh- if they want to publicize it they should charge for it... like 99 cents. It would make the news, then they could say "whoops"

SweetestEvil

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
i hope they tell people

This should have been a basic app that came with the first version iphone. Long over due. Now if BoA would revamp their program so it works faster/more logically. :rolleyes:

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
you can replace this slow application by calling *646# and *3282# on your iPhone to receive your voice and data usage via texts.

you can pay your bill this way too, but I haven't tried it yet.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I pay online via my bank site (which already supports iPhone) so I probably won't waste an icon slot for this. The management I REALLY want is being able to turn call forwarding on and off... which iPhone Settings already can do.

Still, it's good to see that AT&T is taking an interest in the iPhone :p

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
If only Rogers cared for their customers enough to release something like this...

Instead, they're worried about their loss in revenue because of the swine flu :rolleyes:

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
isn't it funny how a few days ago there was a thread saying that AT&T should come out with this.

and people called the person stupid because why would AT&T want people to easily see when they are over their minutes?

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I wish Apple would integrate this into the "Settings" area....it would mean one less app filling up my springboard.

jbrandonf

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
I wish Apple would integrate this into the "Settings" area....it would mean one less app filling up my springboard.
Dig down into phone settings.

I think this is a great idea. I deleted the myWireless bookmark that is installed with firmware because the site wasn't optimized for my phone. I discovered this app a couple days ago while doing a little store searching for anything that could be interesting. Keep it up AT&T!

Thillbilli

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
iPhone Only

One unfortunate aspect of this app is that they assume the only people who use iPhones will want the app to manage their accounts while AT&T wireless customers with an iPod touch are left out.

Granted iPod users would only be able to use the app when connected to a Wi-Fi network, but this doesn't seem a strong enough reason to exclude iPod users from the use of this application.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
you can replace this slow application by calling *646# and *3282# on your iPhone to receive your voice and data usage via texts.

you can pay your bill this way too, but I haven't tried it yet.
Having only 200 texts/mo, I'll use the "slow app" or the web I suppose. :)

One unfortunate aspect of this app is that they assume the only people who use iPhones will want the app to manage their accounts while AT&T wireless customers with an iPod touch are left out.

Granted iPod users would only be able to use the app when connected to a Wi-Fi network, but this doesn't seem a strong enough reason to exclude iPod users from the use of this application.
Did I read this incorrectly or was this to supplement paying your monthly cellular bill, checking it's usage, etc. iPod users do not pay a monthly fee for phone usage, which is what this app assists with, however I'd imagine AT&T could add additional functionality to allow all users to view and pay for any/all services that AT&T offers.

Thillbilli

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
Did I read this incorrectly or was this to supplement paying your monthly cellular bill, checking it's usage, etc. iPod users do not pay a monthly fee for phone usage, which is what this app assists with, however I'd imagine AT&T could add additional functionality to allow all users to view and pay for any/all services that AT&T offers.
The description of the applications goes:

...allows subscribers to manage their AT&T wireless accounts from their iPhones
It does not say you can manage your "iPhone AT&T wireless account."

I take the description to mean that any AT&T wireless user can manage their account whether they have an iPhone or another cellular device.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
I agree. I know you can send txt's to get this but I think it should be more intuitive. Seeing how you are constantly connected to their network it should have a meter reading that gets updated every so often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.