AT&T Network Failure in Orange County, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hoonu, Jun 16, 2009.

1. hoonu macrumors regular

Anyone else having issues? I can barely make calls after several attempts. Data does NOT work and I can not send texts. On top of this, I received a voicemail from Friday today. Almost 5 days later.

AT&T truly is the suck... and here I was considering a new 3G S. Not worth re-upping on the contract. The sooner Apple gets away... the better.

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

wouldn't doubt it, around christmas time they had a tower go out at LAX, and i wasn't about to do anything aside from surf using wifi

3. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I'm in Irvine right now and having no problems whatsoever (I just got off the phone). Maybe try turning airplane mode on and off and see if that helps.

4. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

The towers should have around 5 mile radius. This issue reaks of their network crumbling from the added users. Its no surprise we are not getting MMS anytime soon let along tethering... and they want to charge for that ****? I mean... come on... I can barely use the data on my phone.... let alone tether it.

5. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

I've reset my phone several times today. BTW... im in Huntington Beach... talk about poor coverage... more bars in more places my ass.

6. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

That sucks. I guess I have terrible phone service to look forward to when I get home tonight.

I've also received voicemails days after they've been left, but I figured that was because of the hacked IPCC file I have installed on my phone.

7. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

I tried airplane mode and back and it my phone was searching for a network for over a min. Then I got full bars with no 3G logo. Bars dropped to 1... now it says No Service.

GG AT&T

8. skball123 macrumors regular

You know... Calling AT&T doesn't hurt. Didn't you learn in grades school that the smarter person asks why instead of whining...:rolleyes:

9. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

If there truly is something wrong with the service in the area, a technical support rep won't be able to fix the issue over the phone.

10. weeman macrumors 6502

Im in Seal Beach and coverage seems pretty normal!

11. B-Ri macrumors member

12. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

Now I apparently have service... but nothing works. No calls, texts, data...

13. Silv3rF0x macrumors member

Silv3rF0x

Aparently I have the first gen phone and I am in Oklahoma City, OK also had ever since they released the word on the new phone and update and stuff my serivce has gone to ****. I wonder if there trying to force me to upgrade to the 3G

14. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

I was considering upgrading myself... but its really not worth it. I'll be glad when they jump carriers. I worked with cellular technology companies and I must say there is a reason CDMA has the best 3G coverage and speed in the states.

Sad thing is, when I went to Europe last November... I had flawless service in Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Dublin. 4 countries got it right...

15. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

Appears now that Edge works and 3G doesn't. Guess I'll make a trip to the AT&T store to try a new sim card. Its kinda ridiculous they don't have replacement phones in the AT&T store and the earliest Genius Appt is tomorrow...

16. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

what?! I get FANTASTIC service in laguna niguel and most parts of oc...

17. apple2E macrumors regular

18. nabechu macrumors 6502

I have 5 bars and on 3g, so everything is fine here

19. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

20. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I'm in Riverside which I know is off topic, but I went to Newport today with my sister and she has an iPhone and she got fine reception.

21. jableskg macrumors regular

22. hoonu thread starter macrumors regular

:confused: The **** is paid. That wouldn't explain the spotty service. Now maybe if they actually took my money and applied it to their weak infrastructure...