AT&T Network Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gigapocket1, Apr 29, 2009.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I live in Memphis, Tn.. I been experiencing weird things on my iphone.. For instance dropped calls where i usually have good signal. weird things like..

Switches between 3g and edge alot

I dropped a call cuz i was in an area that i had no signal. Then my signal came back and the person called me back and the phone rang while it was saying searching!! I talked to them for about 10 mins while the phone was saying that it was searching for a signal!

In my room i usually have 1 or 2 bars. Last night I had full bars while talking on the cell phone.. as soon as i got off bars dropped to 1?

At school I have full bars all around campus but this morning talking on the phone as i pulled up. I dropped the call. although i was on full signal.. and the data icon went from 3g to o.. yea an "o" never seen that before..

Do you think that my phone may needs to be restored? Problems with some software that may needs to be fixed or refreshed? or do u think that its a possibility that AT&T is upgrading the network in my area?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Mine does the 'o' for a few second then goes back to edge or 3g real quick. I dont think its a software issue. Maybe its trying to differentiate between E and 3g?