AT&T Next $106 dollars in taxes what the hell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 12, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I have been trying to get through to a supervisor all night and day to explain these charges to me with no luck. I got the 6 64GB using Next and sales tax here is 7.25%. The reps are clueless and tried to tell me based off the sales tax it's correct. Another rep said it's because shipping costs were included. Im so fed up that I outright demanded to cancel, well was put on hold for 35min before just now hanging up. Are you freakin kidding me?

What the hell is this charge why so much?

[​IMG]

2. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

wow that's a alot.

I got the Iphone 6 plus 64 GB and mine are only 75 in NYC

.. Wait is this for 2 phones? no way your Monthly next payment is 62 bucks

3. illutionz macrumors 65816

Some states charge the FULL unsubsidized phone amount for their tax. E.g. 7% of the full $749 regardless if you are paying subsidized rate or Next rate or paying full amount.

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

That's wacky. NYC here trying to complete the order with TMo and theirs shows as $50 for the same model.

5. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

Could it be because they're basing it off the retail price not the contract price?

6. bueller1 macrumors 6502

i get your frustration but youll be more pissed off if you don't have a phone next week lol. Just let the order process then call back in a couple of days and get your money back. It should be under $65 for the 64GB 6

7. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Dispute it and tell them to pound sand.

8. Fant macrumors regular

With your monthly being $62...are you sure you didnt accidentally purchase 2 iphones? That would explain why your monthly is $62 and that may be why your taxes are also double. It says "(1-2)" in the description of the device which makes me thing you bought 2.

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I am basing it off that and it doesn't add up.
    No that part is correct about the only damn thing they've got right, monthly charges of $62.50 are what they should be.

$37.50 Next installment
    $25.00 Mobile Share Value plan 1GB

10. bbycks macrumors newbie

I am in California and I ordered the 64 GB iPhone 6 using NEXT. My order showed $117 for the estimated taxes, which I figured was wrong when I pre-ordered last night but still wanted to push the order through. Let me know if you get any updates!

11. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Same here ended up canceling and ordering from apple. I really hope it went through though as it still says pending when looking at my orders. Good luck.

12. bbycks macrumors newbie

I considered canceling my AT&T order too but by that time, the ship date on Apple showed 7-10 days. Hope everything works out for you!

13. RyanG macrumors 6502

7.25% of $749 is nowhere near $106, bro.

14. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I have since ordered from Apple and taxes were $61. If the order went through with Apple for this specific line does that mean the AT&T order has got to be cancelled even though it's still showing pending? Can they charge you at both places if using the same lines eligibility? I sure hope not as my Apple order is on cue to be delivered on release day.

15. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Our sales tax is 6.75% but I was "charged" tax that comes out to about 7.5%. But there's only a $1 pending charge on my card so I think they'll get it sorted out when they ship and the actual charges go through.

16. RyanG macrumors 6502

Yes. If your Apple order pings AT&T after your AT&T order is processed (and upgrade date moved), the Apple order would be denied.

17. dishfan82 macrumors member

Looks like you ordered 2. When I did the Edge with Verizon it showed around that monthly for 2 phones.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

50% of your income goes to taxes. Sales tax, property tax, income tax, gasoline tax, tolls, car registration, tax, tax, tax. What's a few dollars more? The government needs your money so they can spend it. Don't be sad.

Besides, you'll be able to get that fixed anytime. Wait a while until the launch madness subsides.

19. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

It could be a tax processing fee that is bundled along with the taxes. The state requires corporations to collect sales taxes on the governments behalf and submit the collections to the state treasury. All this requires paperwork and tracking, and varies state by state. So, I can see the companies adding a processing fee to pay for state tax collection.

20. Ortiz7983 macrumors 6502

AT&T Next $106 dollars in taxes what the hell?

I'm in texas. Tax for iPhone 6 plus 64GB was $70 on nexo.

21. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi