AT&T NEXT bill

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ocrts, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ocrts macrumors newbie

So, I have my family's 4 phones on 10GB mobile share. They are all BYOD - no contracts, none on NEXT. Total of $160/mo not including taxes.

Now, say I want the new iPhone 6, 16GB on only one of the lines. According to ATT, the NEXT18 plan will be 24 payments of $27.09, but the line will be credited $25 per month.

Here are my questions:
    Does my bill then increase by only $2.09 per month?

If I don't trade it in at 18 months, do I lose the $25 credit? If so, when - at 18 months or at 24 months when the payments are done? Or is the $25 credit permanent while in the NEXT program?

2. ctbaz macrumors member

It's usually 40 dollars per line for the data share plans. Right now you are already getting the 25 dollar discount which means you are only paying 15 dollars per line. To keep that 25 dollar discount, you need to use NEXT. If you change to 2 year contract then you would pay 40 dollars for that line.

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

You already have the $25 discount. Your bill will increase by $27.09/mo.

4. brittany0613 macrumors member

I called AT&T yesterday to see what my options were if I were to change to a Family Share plan. The reason it is offering me $15/line right now is because my contract is up. If I were to change to a Family Share plan now and then renew/upgrade in the morning with preorder, that amount goes up to $40/line since the contract would be renewed. So the $25 discount is simply because your contract has been met. If you renew a 2 year contract to get the subsidized device price and upgrade devices with the iPhone 6, then the Family Share cost per line goes up to $40.

5. inthecup macrumors regular

Yes it does ... NEXT is the way to go.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep. When I changed my family of 4 to the Next plan, my monthly bill went down $100. When we upgrade, it will go up the price of the devices we get.