AT&T Next Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jarrahammer, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Jarrahammer macrumors member

Jarrahammer

Hello, I wanted everyone's opinion on whether or not the damage on my iPhone would be unacceptable for a trade in for the Next program. I do not want to turn it in and be charged $300 without warning. Here are the pics: (http://imgur.com/a/ncCzI). It is hardly noticeable except at a certain angle, and everything else is absolutely flawless. I'm not sure if I should repair it or not, but I set up a genius bar appointment to see what they can do. Since the screen is flawless I wonder what they can do.

Anyways, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have experience with the Next trade in.

2. itsray macrumors 6502

you should be fine. it doesnt look like a crack more like a scuff

3. Jarrahammer thread starter macrumors member

Jarrahammer

There is a very small chip as shown in the third picture, but it really is not obvious during regular use. I just want a guarantee that this is fine, but at the same time I feel that if I pointed this out to an ATT employee they would charge me.

4. itsray macrumors 6502

oh, i didn't see all the pictures. yea. i see that chip. not sure now. see if apple will replace the display under warranty since it doesnt look like a spiderweb crack.

5. Jarrahammer thread starter macrumors member

Jarrahammer

Yeah, I'm hoping the Genius Bar can help me out but I wont cause a fit. I am definitely going to buy better cases if I plan to stay on these yearly upgrade plans.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

AT&T is ridiculously picky with Next trade ins. Thats the main reason why I left AT&T Next for the Apple Upgrade Program. Apple is a little easier going with 'wear and tear'. AT&T wants a pristine phone. I had a small knick in the aluminum of my iPhone 6 and AT&T gave me such a hard time about it. I eventually said screw it and sold it 3rd party and just paid AT&T off.

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I don't think you will know until you trade it. Wouldn't mention it.

I use Apples silicon case. Has dropped several times on cement, tile etc. No damage.

I like Next. Interest free rental and for now I want a new iphone each year.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't think it will be a problem.
    It's very minor.

9. Jarrahammer thread starter macrumors member

Jarrahammer

Thank you for the comments everyone. I just returned from the Apple Store where they replaced the screen for free no questions asked! Love their customer service.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2016 ---
    Luckily I resolved it. I am thinking of getting that case too, I like the look.