Carrier AT&T Next - Glitch on Apple Website When Ordering IP6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redman042, Oct 24, 2014.

1. redman042 macrumors 68020

Hoping someone else has experienced this and has found a solution.

I paid off our iPhone 5s NEXT plans two days ago (and will sell them on eBay for a similar price). AT&T's website confirms the plans are paid off and I'm eligible for upgrade to the IP6.

I want to buy the IP6 through Apple since their shipping time is MUCH less than AT&T. I've attached a screenshot of what comes up when I select a NEXT upgrade through Apple's website. Something is wrong. I've called AT&T and Apple and neither seem to be able to do anything about it. An AT&T rep suggested I go to an Apple Store. I can try that but it's a 40 min drive. I don't want to get there and find out they are just as helpless to resolve it.

I might be stuck buying through AT&T and waiting over a month, but I'm hoping someone has already been down this road and can offer advice.

Attached Files:

2. Ngwidener macrumors member

I've been told that if you are already on next and you want to upgrade you have to order through AT&T.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Having JUST paid it off I suspect something needs to work through the system.

I doubt an in-store person is going to be able to anything the online folks cannot, unless you were lucky enough to score in-store stock and buy right then?

Personally I'd give it a day or so more to see if the pay off flows through the system and things clear up.

Do remember you cannot order Next for in-store pickup.

Oh also -- you didn't just jump on the 20GB promotion for 10GB mobile share lines, did you? That appears to have screwed up the Apple online ordering systems due to the "in flux" nature of the AT&T account.

4. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

Actually that's part of the problem. We jumped on the 30GB double data plan right after it came out.

I paid off NEXT two days ago so I was hoping the error would have cleared out of the system by now, but it hasn't.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I ordered an iPhone 6 with ATT next on Wednesday October 22 at 11:30 PM. Just got my shipped email yesterday with delivery for Monday the 27th. Only 5 days and like 2 business days.

Email said 7-14 business days until it ships. ATT is MUCH faster then Apple store.

----------

6. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

I should have specified type/size. I'm looking for the 64GB Space Grey. On AT&T that one is 21-28 business days. For comparison the 16 GB is 7-14 business days and the 128 GB is only 3-5 business days. Pretty huge range.

7. attdude macrumors newbie

If you paid the phones off and it's reflected on your account you should be able to upgrade at Apple

8. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

Agreed. But something is wrong in the communication between Apple's servers and AT&T, which may be due to AT&T's recent change to double data plans. Unfortunately there's no one I can reach on the phone to find out how to fix this.

Right now indications are that I just have to bite the bullet, buy from AT&T, and wait over a month to get it. :(

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just for sake of other reading here; Apple's similarly quoting conservative estimates. My Oct 21 late afternoon order at Apple (unlocked 64gb 6) quoted 7-10 business days to ship with Nov 3-7 delivery... It's shipped and due on Tues the 28th, substantially earlier than estimates suggested.

10. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well, the glitch disappeared this evening, but it's now showing only individual data plan options with no option to pick the 30 GB doubled gaming data plan that I'm currently on. I'm not sure what to do.