AT&T NEXT not allowed to pickup at store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlake02, Sep 12, 2014.

1. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Anyone else get this?

Apple Store app kept telling me the AT&T NEXT program wouldn't allow for pre-order store pick up. (I live in CA if that makes a difference, not NY)

:apple:

2. mcfly2 macrumors member

I ordered early on the iPhone Apple Store app with an ATT NEXT upgrade. I had all kinds of errors during the order process, but eventually succeeded. I didn't see an option for store pick up.

3. blockheads88 macrumors member

Hi,

I am from NY and from Apple wasn't able to Pre-Order using Next option. Not sure what they wanted me to pay full price and sign a 2yr contract and raise monthly fees. Went to AT&T and did on there end.

4. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

Which AT&T did you go to? I'm still waiting for the one on 34th to open

5. blockheads88 macrumors member

6. wrz0170 macrumors regular

While I was able to get the phone I wanted via Apple, there was no option for in-store pick up for Next. I have to plan for the 19th to be home.

7. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

Oh ok. I need to in-store pickup so I'm waiting for the store to open.

8. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

So you pre-ordered with a Next plan upgrade and got a 9/19 delivery date?

9. aussi16 macrumors newbie

I ordered off the the apple iPad app store at 3:40 am EST. Did the At&T next program and it stated that next orders could not be picked up in the store on the 19th. I could only do delivery. So it is being delivered to my work on the 19th so someone will be there to sign when it arrives!!! I would have liked to have been able to pick it up, but at least I know I will get it at some point on the 19th!

10. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Which phone did you order?

11. aussi16 macrumors newbie

I got the iPhone 6 silver 64 GB!

12. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Okay, that probably explains why you're getting yours on the 19th. Grats!!

13. jlake02 thread starter macrumors 68020

jlake02

So nobody was able to get an in-store pickup using NEXT?

14. wrz0170 macrumors regular

Yes. I used the Apple Store app as the regular site was down. At least thats what my confirmation email is saying. "Delivers by 09//19 standard shipping".

15. eoren1 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine as a standard $299 6/64GB for in store pickup but have since realized changing plans and NEXT is a much better deal for me.

Spoke with an AT&T rep at length last night about everything and she said I would be able to change the payment method at the time of pickup but neither Apple or AT&T could do anything about it now.

We'll see what happens on the 19th...

16. planetgirth macrumors member

I ordered my grey 64mb 6 at 3:15am EST through the att site did the next route. At first order status said shipping sept 19. Just checked again and it says sept 23-oct 2!! Anyone else have this?!

17. swamyg1 macrumors regular

So if I paid full price for a store pickup... And decided I wanted to change it to a next plan... I can do that when I pick up the phone at Apple?

Are you sure about this?

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I wasn't Able to order a damn thing in MA. I kept getting the message "upgrades not available in your region". It was neat losing an entire night of sleep over it.

19. eoren1 macrumors 6502

As sure as I can be...A really nice rep named Ashley said so :)

----------

Strange. Also in MA (North Shore) and picking mine up at the Northshore Mall on Friday...

20. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have ATT without Next but just am currently eligible for an upgrade. However all options for the 6 Plus only show the mail option. Even Apple doesn't give the option of a store pickup. This is so difficult for me at it's hard to take a day off of work and hang around waiting for my phone to come to sign for it and they won't allow me to change to ship to my work. So silly. I don't have a problem with waiting - I would just like to get a notification and then pick up at the store. But I don't see that option. My other option is to keep checking for store availability at Apple and Best Buy without a pre-order. BB isn't offering pre-order for the plus anyway.