Carrier AT&T Next Payoff Amount $0.00?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ominx, Sep 17, 2015.

1. ominx macrumors 6502

I'm confused about what is going on with my account and hope someone here can help. Here are the details.
    • I have AT&T Next 12.
    • I made my 12th installment payment to become upgrade eligible.
    • I pre-ordered my iPhone 6s Plus through Apple Store App.
    • When logging into AT&T, it shows that my installment payments remaining is $0.00 and my payoff amount is $0.00.
    • My current installment plan is cancelled and lists a new one as pending.

Looking at this it seems as though AT&T doesn't want my phone or my money. I called AT&T CS and after looking at my account they said all installment payments have been paid for my line. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

2. mb2008 macrumors regular

Meh, probably just waiting for Apple to scan the phone before setting up your Next payment schedule on the 6s+. I'm just shocked AT&T has this figured out, they told me I would have installment payments charged until I turn in the old phone.

3. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

My account looks similar, although I was also charged for a 13th installment. But now my payments remaining are $0.00 and my payoff is $0.00. The status of the plan is now "cancelled". There is no mention of returning the old phone anywhere. However, if I go to my Order Status of the Apple.com site, there is a link that will send you an email with return instructions. It will also include a packing slip to include with the phone that identifies it so it can be credited to your account. I imagine if the phone is not received, Apple will instruct AT&T to charge you for the remaining balance.