AT&T Next pre-order from apple shipping address issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pvmacguy, Sep 12, 2014.

1. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Anyone else do NExt for AT&T from apple and notice you can't change the shipping name/address? On a family plan with dad as primary and don't live at home. They will only ship to the billing address from the carrier! Luckily I only live 30 minutes away from my parents home but that could be really annoying for anyone that lives far away from the AT&T billing address.

I placed the order anyway and will just ride out and pick it up. I tried this morning from the computer to go into the order and change the shipping address only to be greeted by a nice warning "due to your carrier's agreement we cannot change the shipping address."

Anyone else greeted by this issue?

At least I'll have my 6+ 16gb space gray on launch.

2. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Same deal here, my billing address is still my parents as I never went through the hassle of changing it on my CC (I get all statements electronically, so not really an issue.)

But AT&T is shipping my phone there, I also live about twenty minutes away so i'll just be driving over next friday.

I wanted to do in-store pickup, but it said that Next orders weren't eligible for some reason...Wouldn't I be able to switch to next in the store if I didn't have a pre-order?

Oh well, I'll just wait all day for UPS to come at 8PM :D

3. jags828 macrumors member

Will there be a problem if the credit card address is different from the ATT billing address? I placed my order and my parents address was still on file for ATT. There was no way to change it so Im just having it shipped there.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

ATT phones (even ATT accessories) have to ship to the accounts billing address. I recently went through this with a $20 iPhone 5 case. MUST go to billing address. I wanted it sent to my office. ATT policy. As long as they let it go through you should be OK.

5. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

So I figured out what the issue is. If you go to the website and try to change it says att will only allow you to ship to the same address that you have listed with them. It completely ignores the apple address that you have listed for shipping.

6. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I am having the same issue. And if you go to the apple order status webpage, it won't allow you to edit the shipping addresses (unlike in the past years)
    Trying to call them now

7. jags828 macrumors member

Ok so if it went through even though my apple address and CC address are mine and the ATT address is my parents I will get the phone the 19th at my parents if someone signs for it? That's fine. I just don't wa to go through the hassle of trying to change my order if that is the case.

8. aristobrat macrumors G5

Weird, I upgraded three phones on my account through AT&T's website (not Apples) and had no problem shipping one phone to my work address, on phone to my home address (roommate works from home), and one phone to a completely different state (family member).

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Weird. Whenever I buy something from ATT (talking about ATT not Apple store direct) be it a $20 case or a $700 phone I get the message: can only ship to billing address." When i ordered my NEXT phone this morning from APPLE.COM I got the pop-up message "AT&T REQUIRES ALL NEXT ORDERS TO BE SENT TO BILLING ADDRESS ON ACCOUNT" when I ordered my FULLY PAID T-Mobile version this morning from APPLE.COM they would ship it anywhere.

10. RyanG macrumors 6502

This has been the story for years; it needs to match. If you were able to bypass this, consider it an anomaly.

11. pvmacguy thread starter macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Interesting that I have never heard of anyone else complaining about this policy. I haven't gotten any notification my order won't go through because the CC address and shipping don't match. Honestly it shouldn't matter because it could be a gift.

I was thinking about trying to have the shipment held at a fedex near my home but remembered they need ID and with how wonderful this policy is, it also pre filled the account holders name to the shipping label (my dad's) so couldn't do that either.

12. bmms8 macrumors 68020

There are multiple threads about this. Call apple and request the address to be changed. They will do it for you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776830

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776911

13. pvmacguy thread starter macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

14. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

how did you pre order your phone from apple with next did you just added next or was you already with next... reason i'm asking is because i have next and i couldn't pre order it from apple only at&t it tells me.

15. pvmacguy thread starter macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I was new to next. If you are existing with next, you are probably at your "upgrade point" but you still have a balance remaining to pay off. If you do, you would be required to either pay it off and upgrade or trade your phone in to complete the balance.

16. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i paid off my upgrade fee however i still got to keep my phone since i didn't pre order it yet but i talked to apple and from what they tell me is i have to pre order or get it from att apple won't do next upgrades.