AT&T NEXT Return Conditon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple2580, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Apple2580 macrumors newbie

This will be my first time using the NEXT trade-in program. I'm looking to preorder then mail in my phone to Apple once I receive the new device.

My current device still works 100% but there are definitely scratches on the screen (no cracks), and some dings here and there on the outer casing. I showed it to an AT&T rep a few weeks ago when I went in for a billing question and he thought it was fine, but I'm wondering if anyone's had issues with trade in quality in the past?

Is it mainly only an issue if the phone is not functional or the screen is visibly cracked?

Thanks!

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I traded in my Note 4 with noticeable scuffs along part of the metal edge, the guy kind of looked at it almost like he wanted to bring it up, but accepted it without mentioning it. Perhaps it's worth noting that I wasn't explicitly told the device had to be in perfect condition upon trade in.

3. Oridus macrumors 6502a

General rule of thumb:

No water damage
    All parts intact
    All parts functioning
    No cracks (Scuffs and tiny dings are okay)
    Able to have Find my iphone turned off (Will not be accepted unless this is turned off, as the system won't even allow the trade in to happen unless it's turned off)
    Able to be factory reset.