Carrier AT&T Next trade-in procedure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Travisimo, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I signed up for AT&T Next last year with the iPhone 6s Plus. When upgrading this year, I paid my last payment before preorder day to make sure I was upgrade eligible. However, I have a few questions regarding the procedure now that my I'm waiting for my new phone to arrive:

1) How long do I have to return the old phone? Does the time start from when I preordered or when I actually receive my new phone?

2) I did notice when I upgraded via the Apple Store app that it showed my old phone for the trade-in, but I haven't gotten a shipping label or anything like that. Does that come with my new phone, or do I have to go to an AT&T store to get one?

3) Since I made my 12th payment ahead of time, what happens with the payment plan? Will I have to make a 13th payment on the old plan before my new phone arrives, or do I start paying the new payment plan even before it arrives and I activate it?

Thanks for the help!

2. Travisimo thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. joce09 macrumors newbie

In my case, I received an email on the 13th from Apple but had an ATT attachment stating the return due date, it also included the return label. My due date is on 9-25 but that's because I'm expecting my 7+ today.

Now with my next statement, I'm basing this off my experience when I bought the 6 Plus 2 years ago, so it might have changed (I doubt it has though), I didn't have to make any payments on it after I paid the amount to trade in, and then either a few days before I got the phone or when I activated the phone.