Carrier AT&T Next trade in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spoolx, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Spoolx macrumors member

Currently have the 6s plus and want to upgrade to the 7 when it comes out.

I am eligible for the "Pay to upgrade option". Am I able to preorder the 7 before I have to mail back the old phone? If so does anyone knows how many days I have to send back the old phone? The release date could be 7 or 14 days after preordering, who knows.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Alexrat1996 Suspended

I was planning to do that but instead I'm using another line

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I was at the AT&T store today and was told it works on the honor system.
    You pre-order just like everyone else and after you receive your new phone you take your old one into the store to be turned in.
    If you don't then they already have all of your billing info and they'll charge you.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I received my last iPhone on 9/25 last year and mailed the old one back in on 10/2 (it's still sitting in my tracking on USPS.com with the last action shown as it being in Jacksonville, FL, in the 6th. I worried for a few months that they didn't actually get it, but apparently it's all good.) Save the shipping box from your new iPhone and use it to send the old one back in. AT&T will provide you with a shipping label and tracking number--you just have to tender it to the post office. It's a really easy process.