AT&T Next Upgrade and Applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guinness8878, Sep 13, 2015.

1. guinness8878 macrumors member

guinness8878

I upgraded on launch day last year and pre-ordered this year while on next both times. Each time the AT&T rep had a hard time with upgrade trade in process because at one point or another I had to use apple for a replacement due to warranty issue with the phone. Because Apple and AT&T systems are different, it doesn't update the other and it appears to AT&T that I am trading in the wrong phone. Has anyone else encountered this? I am wondering if I should notify AT&T moving forward if this were to occur again. I got frustrated last week just trying to make the last payment with them that I just paid the phone off to turn around and sell it to cover the payoff cost.

2. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Apparently you can turn in your current Next phone to an AT&T corporate store instead of mailing it back to them. I would suggest doing this because regardless of how anyone else has fared, if your situation seems slightly non-typical, handing the phone in in-person and getting a receipt will eliminate any confusion. Your obligation will be completed when you walk out the store. I have the original phone from when I started my Next contract and will still be returning it in-person just to be safe.

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Tried this today and the workers were dumbfounded. Looked on AT&T's website and it says you can only return the phone in person if it was purchased from AT&T, not a third party.