AT&T Next upgrade problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phirstube, Sep 12, 2014.

1. phirstube macrumors regular

phirstube

I keep getting the error message: Unfortunately, we cannot process your request now. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Has anyone else seen this issue and been able to resolve it?

2. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I think I got that this morning and turns out my bill was due at midnight, so I had to pay that first before it would let me order.

I woke my wife up at 3:45AM to express my frustration in finding out of all days to not pay it before the due date. . . :(

3. phirstube thread starter macrumors regular

phirstube

My bill is not due till the 21st.

Since I have not fufilled my Next commitment yet AT&T's website says this:

To upgrade now, you'll just need to pay the remaining balance of your initial 12 or 18 installments and trade in your qualifying device. Or, upgrade without a trade-in by paying off all the remaining installment payments.

I select "Pay the remaining balance" and put in my credit card number and submit my order then I get the error posted in my original post.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

When I had an AT&T next agreement I don't think I was able to pay it off online, I think you either have to call or pay in store. Unless that's changed?

5. phirstube thread starter macrumors regular

phirstube

It gives you the option to do it online. I am not disagreeing with you because that is the way it is looking but why offer it if it is not an option? It even says they will send you a box in the mail to mail back your old phone.

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I recall seeing a similar option to pay online and asked the same thing as to why I could not. This was probably 3 months ago I had a next agreement on a G2.

I would try giving them a call and seeing if they can take the payment over the phone, unless you are near an AT&T store may be quicker as I'm sure the lines are loaded.

7. phirstube thread starter macrumors regular

phirstube

So the catch is, when you pay in a store they want your phone right then and want you to choose a new phone before you leave. I tried to do that yesterday. I also called today and spen an hour on the phone with a lady who had no idea how to fix the problem.