Carrier AT&T Next, what are your experiences?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacChinoNyc, Nov 10, 2015.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I mean in regards to being able to upgrade when new Iphone is released on launch with no issues? Not sure if I should try it, wanted to get some feedback first.

2. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

I never buy any phones from Att after the headache they gave me. for iphones, I just buy up front. simple.

3. S.T.A.R. macrumors regular

S.T.A.R.

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

As long as you payoff what you currently owe, it's not an issue. What I had trouble with was them sending me the wrong phone model, then I had to send it back and they had to restock it before I could order the new one (again). Then it removed the upgrade eligibility so I was stuck, without a new phone and without the ability to upgrade one. Their support was so terrible that I just dropped from Next entirely and went with the Apple plan, much smoother IMO.

5. superevangelist1 macrumors member

superevangelist1

I got a 6S Plus on launch day through AT&T Next. No issues.

6. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Me too

7. MadManDan macrumors member

MadManDan

So far so good! I started a new AT&T Next contract with my iPhone 6S SG 64GB. I purchased my iPhone using AT&T Next with down payment so I'll be able to upgrade every year. I bought it on the AT&T website on Sep 13th and received it on launch day. I also gave AT&T my student email address and receive a 17% student discount and waived activation fees.

I wanted to ditch Verizon because it was too expensive and Sprint and T-Mobile have terrible coverage in my home. I was a bit worried of joining AT&T because all I heard were horror stories about their customer service but so far customer service has been pretty good. Better than Verizon and Sprint by far. But that might be because I am with Premier. Still, I'm pretty happy. Signal isn't as strong as Verizon but it works for me. Rollerover data is cool. And Band 30 might be worth the wait.

8. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

It's great if you want a new iPhone every year. You never pay for the full iPhone. Also, no interest.