Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I mean in regards to being able to upgrade when new Iphone is released on launch with no issues? Not sure if I should try it, wanted to get some feedback first.

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
I never buy any phones from Att after the headache they gave me. for iphones, I just buy up front. simple.

S.T.A.R.

Suspended
Jul 1, 2012
Works fine...

iPhone 6S X 2.JPG

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
As long as you payoff what you currently owe, it's not an issue. What I had trouble with was them sending me the wrong phone model, then I had to send it back and they had to restock it before I could order the new one (again). Then it removed the upgrade eligibility so I was stuck, without a new phone and without the ability to upgrade one. Their support was so terrible that I just dropped from Next entirely and went with the Apple plan, much smoother IMO.

MadManDan

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
So far so good! I started a new AT&T Next contract with my iPhone 6S SG 64GB. I purchased my iPhone using AT&T Next with down payment so I'll be able to upgrade every year. I bought it on the AT&T website on Sep 13th and received it on launch day. I also gave AT&T my student email address and receive a 17% student discount and waived activation fees.

I wanted to ditch Verizon because it was too expensive and Sprint and T-Mobile have terrible coverage in my home. I was a bit worried of joining AT&T because all I heard were horror stories about their customer service but so far customer service has been pretty good. Better than Verizon and Sprint by far. But that might be because I am with Premier. Still, I'm pretty happy. Signal isn't as strong as Verizon but it works for me. Rollerover data is cool. And Band 30 might be worth the wait.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
It's great if you want a new iPhone every year. You never pay for the full iPhone. Also, no interest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.