AT&T Next with Apple Store app pre order question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PBGamer89, Oct 16, 2017.

1. PBGamer89 macrumors member

So in my case I have the 7 plus and want to preorder the X on launch night.

I still have a balance of over 300$ on my 7 plus but am planning on trading in my 7 plus.

However, I want to use the Apple Store app to preorder because it's the fastest and simplest way and each time I've ordered my 6 plus, watch, and 7 plus I managed a launch day delivery.

How will it work for me cause I'll need to trade in my phone after i get the X and will buying it off the apple store app without trading in my 7 plus be a problem seeing as I'm not doing it through AT&T directly?

I just wanna make sure I do it right and get my phone quickly without issues.

2. planetgirth macrumors member

I have a similar question, I want to use the at&t next plan, or whatever its called, can I order through Apple and do this?

3. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

You can use the Apple Store app. I'm in the same boat and will be able to trade my phone in and get the iPhone X via the Apple Store app. I've already verified that myself.

4. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

Just return the old phone to a corporate store, or they can mail you a return box and label.

5. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

I do it every year man. They give u 10 or 15 days to send it in to ATT. It better not be cracked and be working or they will make you pay the full cost you owe. It will be better for you to just sell it tho. I sell mine every year and have a couple hundred left over after I pay off the device.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2017 ---
    Yes you can, I do this every year also. The best way is to do a practice run right now with iPhone 8 on the app. I have been taking multiple practice runs so I get faster on each step! And I will give you a little pointer, do Apple Pay when you check out. That will save you time as well!

6. planetgirth macrumors member

So during the ordering process there will be an option to choose which AT&T next plan I want to use?

7. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

Oh you want to switch to the Next plan? When I switched I did it on the ATT Pre order site not Apple so I can’t say for sure. I know on ATT you choose which one, yes. And I think you can only do it on ATT if ur switching plans..

8. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Correct. You cannot sign up for a new AT&T Next plan via Apple.

9. planetgirth macrumors member

I have an iphone 6 that I paid off via AT&T next. I want to upgrade it to the X and use the AT&T next plan to pay it off. I want to make sure that I can choose AT&T next for payments and if I can choose between the 24 month or the 30 month plan.

Thanks for the quick responses.

10. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Yes, you can do that through the Apple Store app.

11. The 12th Man macrumors regular

The 12th Man

You can start or continue a current ATT Next plan when ordering on Apple’s website or app.

12. Macalway macrumors 68030

I haven't seen this option at Apple, only 'xx dollars a month', with either or Apple of ATT. I believe after I enter my info these are my choices, so I'm thinking I may not be with the NEXT plan?

Can't you check at the ATT site about this? (I'd better go there now to answer my own question. But I'll leave this question here in case somebody knows something I'm missing).