Carrier AT&T Next

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DatzKray, Sep 14, 2016.

1. DatzKray macrumors member

Nov 8, 2013
    Hey guys,
    I have a quick question. I got the iPhone 6s Plus approximately a year ago. I had paid off 50% of the phone/ 12 monthly installments. Therefore, I am eligible for an iPhone 7 preorder. My question is that if i were to go to the apple store and pick up my iphone 7, and trade in my 6s plus, is the other 50% that I havent payed off dismissed? An ATT rep just confirmed that it will be dismissed, but i feel like sometimes the don't know what they are talking about..

Please help me because I dont want ATT to take more of my money and make me pay for a phone that i traded in lol
  2. Elyphant macrumors regular

Sep 13, 2016
    Miami, FL
    You just keep paying on the new phone...that 50% thats dismissed is what you would pay if you kept your current phone but since youre turning it in they dont charge that.
  3. Nanotyrns macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2012
    You are eligible for upgrade if you've made 12 installments. If you pick up a new phone at the Apple store they will give you an envelope and paperwork to send the phone back to AT&T to be inspected. You can keep the phone if you like and sell it but if you don't send it in, AT&T will bill you for the remainder of the 12 months, like $350 or so.
  4. DatzKray thread starter macrumors member

Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks for the reply! I just dont want to get rip off. Isnt both the ATT Next and iPhone upgrade program essentially the same thing other than you benefiting from Apple Care+? There has to be a catch on ATT's side ... or that's what i feel like.
    I didn't know i can trade it in and upgrade to a new phone with already paying 50% of the phone..
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---

ohh so there's the catch! so just send it in... thanks for replying! it really helps!!