AT&T No Longer Accepting Preorders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigchief, Jun 13, 2009.

1. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I went to the AT&T store today to preorder iPhone 3GS and was told I that yesterday (Friday) was the last day you could preorder and expect to get it on the 19th. Has anyone else ran into this?

It's not a big deal to me I don't mind waiting a week or two longer but I'm just wondering if Apple and AT&T are worried about not having a big crowd showing up opening day because they have sold so many online with shipping?

2. SimpsonsFan007 macrumors member

Yeah, the Macrumors front page has a news piece from BoyGenius Report, noting that the AT&T locations are no longer pre-ordering the phones.

Seems like the window from June 8th to the 12th (yesterday) was the cutoff for getting your phone in on the 19th.

This makes me happy, since my wife and I pre-ordered on the 9th. :D

3. joro macrumors 68020

joro

They got a new message to when you go and try to preorder it from the website.

Attached Files:

4. iPhoneFever macrumors newbie

AT&T No Longer Accepting Preorders

I pre-ordered the phones with AT&T and was told I will get it 7-14 days after 19th...then i went to Apple.com and pre-ordered again and got a notification that my phones are reserved...I will just go to apple and see if I can get the phones before cancelling mine on AT&T. Apple and AT&T are making the situation confusing. If they wanted to stop the pre-order, they should have done it both places, why caused the run arounds!:cool:

5. bigchief thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well think about it. This release will not be as big as the last two. If everyone preorders there will be no long lines for publicity sake. I'll just go to Wally World Friday morning and buy one.

6. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I personally think that AT&T ordered minimal quantities so this would happen and create a false demand.

Signed....Mr. Pessimist! :cool:

7. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

Haha, or... they've been "pre-orderable" since Monday and a lot of people are doing so.

8. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

AT&T gets a much smaller inventory than Apple.

9. tjp888 macrumors regular

tjp888

yup - 7-14 days

I pre-ordered one from the AT&T store today (Saturday) and was also told it would be an extra 7-14 days.

10. dave006 macrumors 68020

AT&T has a supply issue. They don't have the stock levels that Apple has for the Launch. Same thing happened last year.

Apple has also warned that they may have shortages at individual stores. They posted the following on the site on Monday.

Visit your nearest Apple Retail Store and pick up an iPhone 3G S starting at 8 a.m. on June 19 or pick up an iPhone 3G today.*

* Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis​

Dave