AT&T Not Sold Out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheIncognito, Jun 15, 2010.

1. TheIncognito macrumors newbie

I just spoke to an AT&T customer service rep (after a 50 minute hold time) and he claims the company has more than enough iPhones to meet the demand they are seeing.

Just figured I'd throw that out there for those of you still hoping to get your hands on one by launch day.

2. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

3. actorkid macrumors 6502

This may be just me, but I'm more apt to believe an official press release from AT&T than a customer service rep.

4. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

AT&T already released an official statement. If you pre-order, you most likely will get it after the 24th, but they will have some in store on the 24th for those willing to wait in line.

5. TheIncognito thread starter macrumors newbie

“Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history. As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed. We’ll email customers with confirmation once their order is placed, and again when it ships. In addition, we will have devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our stores beginning on June 24.”

I don't see anything here saying they are sold out. Might be just me :p

6. Mosco macrumors regular

The correction be that they are "sold out for launch day".

7. dagomike macrumors 65816

So, you're saying if you pre-order an iPhone at ATT will you get it on the 24th?

8. Superus macrumors member

I just got back from the AT&T store and he personally showed me his computer with an email written saying, "URGENT IMMEDIATELY tell the customers that we cannot guarantee shipment for june 24. You must tell them it will be shipped out from June-24 to July 7."

Now of course he also did mention that anyone who ordered before 3PM will receive an Iphone 4.

First-come first-serve if you are picking up the phone at the store.

9. TheIncognito thread starter macrumors newbie

I really don't know. The customer service rep said to keep trying the website and that there was more than enough of a supply to meet the demand.

What that means as far as when you will get it, again, I don't know.

10. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Are you referring to, ordered online today before 3 pm EDT will get the phone by June 24?

11. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

3PM Eastern or Pacific?

12. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

All mine are ordered through ATT store... 6 of them... 5 on family plan, 1 on single plan... but I also have 6 on reserve at the apple store, JUST IN CASE att doesn't pull through for me, I am guaranteed 6 from apple on the 24th from reserving them.

If ATT pulls through, then I just don't go pick them up at apple and 6 lucky customers get them.

13. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

1:30pm PST is the time I'm hearing.

14. dagomike macrumors 65816

Well, when ATT corporate issue a statement saying sold out for launch day, I'd probably trust that over some random retail dude

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

They're right, just not enough for launch day. I'm sure they'll meet the demand, just in due time.

16. Starrbuck macrumors regular

I hope that is correct. My order went thru at 1:06pm PST!

17. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

If that indeed is correct, I'm good to go since I ordered @ 2:43 pm EDT. The "cutoff" for my time zone would've been 4:30 pm EDT. Woot!

18. Mark Booth macrumors 68000

Mark Booth

As difficult as it was to get through, the safest place to pre-order and feel 100% confident that you'd get an iPhone 4 on June 24 was from Apple.com. I felt any other option was simply NOT an option. I'm glad I hung in and kept trying until I was successful!

Mark

19. Superus macrumors member

20. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Haven't we been through this before? AT&T CSR are about as clueless as you can get.:rolleyes:

21. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

+1

They have been wrong about everything I have asked them so far.

That's why I ordered through att and apple, haha, just return/cancel whichever one I don't need.

22. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

I ordered my around 2.30PM pacific, portalnd, OR at ATT retail store.

let us see whether i will get on 24th, oh well just few more days. anyway i am picking up the phone from store.

23. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

I hope apple give ATT enough stock because we (the customers) are the one who is going suffer.

I remember for my iPhone 3G waited for two months (i took it easy was not in hurry).

this time around i do not want wait for too long since when you are in contract and eligible for a handset upgrade it is smart to upgrade ASAP.