AT&T Now showing all my iPhone are upgradable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Mar 29, 2009.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Have a few lines on my account, two recently purchased for development, and they are all now saying that they are eliglble for upgrade pricing....

Anyone else seeing that

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Only one of my lines can be upgraded, but iPhone is an option..

The other lines are still saying our contract end date.

3. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Both iPhone 3G on my account are eligible for early upgrade pricing. Mine was purchased on 7/11/08, my brother's just recently in January.

Very cool. New iPhone on the way!!!!

Yes ^^

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

mine is the same way with the upgrade available and i purchased on July 11, 2008.

5. Big Pope Daddy macrumors member

3 iphones on my plan, all saying upgradeable....along with the one other phone too....very odd, my wife is less than 30 days into her Iphone, and brother in law less than 3 months as well...

6. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Yep, they did this now because they want everyone with 8 gigers to realize they could get a 16 gig at the subsizided price if they wanted to right now. For everyone else, this will come in VERY handy in about 2.5 months time. :D

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I'm checking to see if my recently purchased iPhone has changed...

No surprise...it isn't.

8. cbflip2000 macrumors regular

cool all 4 iPhones in my account are available for early upgrade. sweet.

9. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Is this a higher form of discount then a simple upgrade pricing?

thanks

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird mine says the same today.
    Where before it said I was upgrade eligable in Dec 09.

This line is eligible for an early upgrade with no-commit equipment pricing without signing a 2-year commitment. Click the 'Upgrade Today' link to view your upgrade options.

An early upgrade is when you pay full price and dont get a subsidy on the phone though?

11. ijohnw macrumors regular

my 3G on my account says:

This line is eligible for an early upgrade with no-commit equipment pricing without signing a 2-year commitment. Click the 'Upgrade Today' link to view your upgrade options.

My 1st gen says:

This line is eligible for a standard upgrade with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click the 'Upgrade Today' link to view your upgrade options.

12. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

? No... any existing customer can walk into a store at anytime and say, "I want that phone now, instead of this one". The employees will be happy to sell you that phone at full retail price, add it to your account, and start you on a new 2 year contract.

Early upgrade eligibility is the unique offer involving a subsidized upgrade + new 2 year, as you would normally qualify at the end of your contract, (hence the key world EARLY upgrade.)

13. dave006 macrumors 68020

You have to read the messages very carefully. You may actually have two different messages or no messsage.

1. No Message - Your are currently "Upgrade Eligible" and receive the full subsidy and the current iPhone 3G would be $199 / $299

2. One Message or Two related to an "Early Upgrade" and receive a reduced subsidy and the current iPhone 3G would be $399 / $499.

Examples of the OLAM Messages:

You are not eligible to upgrade at a discounted price due to your length of service. However, you may still purchase a phone/device at the full price. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price on 06/05/2010

You are eligible for an early upgrade to an iPhone at a reduced discount. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 06/05/2010 ​

This is going to be even more confusing that last year before the iPhone 3G launch and they started listing the upgrade message with the added sentence about the "except iPhone 3G that requres a 2-year contract.

Dave

14. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I am also eligable:

The 0181 is my Classic
    The 8996 is the 3G

Attached Files:

15. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

You beat me to it.

"No commitment equipment pricing" says no subsidy to me.

16. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

yep mine is too. Im gonna wait for the new one to come out

edit: just checked. I get a cheaper price but not the cheapest. 399 for 8 gig and 499 for 16 gb. I just got an 8 on ebay for 395 and a 16 for 430 so I'm probably gonna wait until I can get the 199 price point again

17. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Ok thanks dave006,

Mine says "Early Upgrade".

Interesting about the timeframe for all this. March seems early.

18. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

It says all 3 of my phones on my account are available for upgrade and we just got them less than a month ago :D

19. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I'm early upgrade eligible, but I have to pay $399 for an 8GB til 8/26/2009... booo! Looks like I'll be waiting til 8/26 at 9:01am to buy the newest iPhone.

20. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

Not to be negative on the subject. But, since the new iPhone isn't even announced yet, we aren't guaranteed to get as good a subsidy/upgrade on the new phone this summer as we did last year.

I hope to all hell we do, but until I see the Apple/AT&T definite policy on it this year, I'm not gonna assume we automatically get the upgrade this time around.

The boards would explode:eek: if we don't so we'll see.

21. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I, unfortunately, agree with you. I could see AT&T and Apple saying that 3G owners will not get a free upgrade.

22. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I could see the opposite, same price as a reg iphone.

We will find out in June.

23. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

where do i stand?

Well I have 2 really cryptic paragraphs on my upgrade screen, so I'm not sure where I stand at all. I'm guessing maybe I'm in the $399/$499 bracket, but it's about as clear as mud. I currently have one line with one iPhone 3G that was purchased on July 11, 2008. Here are the paragraphs:

"You can take advantage of our full retail pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment. Additional discounts may be available on 12/12/2009"

and then:

"This line is eligible for an early iPhone upgrade with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year commitment. Click the 'How to Upgrade' link to view your upgrade options. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount for Early Upgrade to an iPhone on 12/12/2009"

Very confusing.

24. Pooshka macrumors 65816