Carrier AT&T Number Sync, nothing from MacRumors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DotCom2, Oct 15, 2015.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I saw this and thought it was pretty cool. Personally I'm still hoping that AT&T still picks up iCloud-style Continuity, like T-Mobile currently has, so that all devices logged into the same iCloud account pick up each other's phone calls even when they're not on the same wifi network. This is definitely a step in the right direction though.

3. TRDmanAE86 macrumors 6502

TRDmanAE86

I noticed that rumor has it, the feature will only be available as a extension for phones and tablets. That would mean that you would not be able to share your number with a iPhone and a Android phone.

Overall, I'm exited because, this could mean that I would be able to use both iMessage and a Android phone on the same # without switching the sim! Thus, for the iMessage numbers that do not go through, they would be routed to my iPad.

However, I'm guessing that if this is the case, I could use a Cellular iPad for my iMessage to get around the disconnect of having a android as my DD!

Overall, I'm extremely exited for this feature and, can't wait for it to be implemented:)!

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39