AT&T Numbersync Issues (Call Log)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bradbomb, Dec 23, 2015.

1. bradbomb macrumors regular

I have Wi-Fi Calling now setup with Numbersync to my iPad, my Mac Mini, and my MacBook Pro. Now every time I get a call on my phone, it will appear as a received call and as a missed call, although the missed call doesn't appear initially. Anybody else notice this with Numbersync active?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

3. avanpelt macrumors 68020

I have seen this. I've also noticed that if I don't answer a call on either my iPhone or my Mac but then I clear the missed call badge from my iPhone, the missed call badge will reappear on my phone at a later time -- presumably because it synced up with my Mac which was still showing the earlier missed call as "unviewed". When I check the call log on my iPhone again after the badge reappears, I see a duplicate missed call entry.

They've got some rough edges to smooth out with NumberSync, for sure.

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The error appeared on mine upon first use, called AT&T, they fixed it immediately. All calls since are just fine.

I'm enjoying the service more than ever. It's very worthwhile :D

5. avanpelt macrumors 68020

Does anyone know what to tell the AT&T CSR to do in order to fix this problem?

I've had this issue for over a month now and the two times I've called AT&T about it, the CSRs were completely clueless about how to fix the problem.

The guy I just spoke with spent 20 minutes searching his knowledgebase to no avail and finally told me he was going to transfer me to second level support only to transfer me to Apple support which is currently closed.

This duplicating call log issue on received calls is really annoying. Clearly, AT&T is pretty much clueless about why it's happening much less what to do to fix the problem.

6. imlynxy macrumors 65816

I have the same problem, please tell us what to tell Att to fix. I don't want to spend hours with them.

7. avanpelt macrumors 68020

I've turned NumberSync off for now since it appears that no solution is imminent. Hopefully this will be fixed either in iOS or on AT&T's end at some point. It's frustrating to answer 5 calls on my iPhone only to have my iPhone show that I've missed the same 5 calls minutes later.

8. imlynxy macrumors 65816

I asked them to remove NumberSync from my account. They did this . 10 minutes later I reactivated it. Now it looks good.

9. avanpelt macrumors 68020

Thank you!! I did the same and now it appears that the issue is resolved for me as well. I appreciate your help!

10. imlynxy macrumors 65816

You are welcome :)

11. bradbomb thread starter macrumors regular

Same here. Without calling, I turned off NumberSync. Left it off for 10 minutes and reactivated it and I have not had the issue since.