AT&T Online Orders?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by noahc, Mar 28, 2011.

1. noahc macrumors member

I ordered a black 32GB AT&T from AT&T on the morning of March 15 and the estimated delivery time was 2-3 weeks. Since then, I've diligently checked the online order status but still is listed as "in progress" as we approach the 2 week mark. Curious if anybody else who ordered from AT&T has seen any actual progress (as opposed to "in progress") in their order.

2. Zeos macrumors 6502

I have have not heard of any shipments from AT&T online stores except for the first orders placed on launch day. I'll be curious to hear if anyone has received their post 3/11 orders.

3. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Lots of orders have shipped, and most are shipping about a week earlier than estimated. Better to over-estimate at 4-5 weeks and deliver early than vice versa.

4. billybob000 macrumors newbie

I ordered a black 32gb 3g from them on 3/12. The website indicated no delay in shipping and my email confirmation stated that it would arrive in 3-5 days.

Needless to say I'm still waiting and thre is no indication that it will be shipping anytime soon.

5. noahc thread starter macrumors member

Wait, I'm asking about shipments *from* AT&T, not shipments from Apple -- this is the first I've heard that "lots of orders have shipped". Are we talking about the same thing here? The 4-5 week estimate shipping a week early sounds more like people's experiences with shipments from Apple.com..

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I was wondering about ATT also. It sounds like most people have ventured elsewhere to purchase their iPads. I've been trying to get one pretty consistantly in the DC area, but everywhere is sold out. Pretty crappy considering it's been out for a few weeks. Scalpers are just making the average consumer wait longer. oh well...life goes on.

7. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I ordered a white 16gb 3G from the ATT website on 3/13 when it said delivery in 14-20 business days, I have had no sign of movement but 14 business days isn't until Thursday but I had hoped that with all these orders everywhere being moved up mine would be shipping soon...

8. richlee111 macrumors regular

FYI, orders are going out now it seems.

My order FINALLY shipped. I got an e-mail with the header "Your att.com order XXXXXXXX has shipped‏". And I ordered way early on 3/11. Included is a tracking number for USPS. Not sure how secure or safe USPS is, especially if they did not specify a signature for delivery.

Alas, I was able to purchase one 2 weeks ago at a Target. So this 32gb ATT black is either going back or I am just going to put it up for sale at retail price.

9. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

i'm in the opposite boat, i pre-ordered mine on the 15th also from AT&T store and later bought the exact model from Best Buy. i went in to cancel the pre-order, they did but the status never changed. sure enough i got the shipping email yesterday and my card was charged. oh well, just more hassle now for me to return it once it arrives.

10. George254 macrumors newbie

I wish I was in your boat... :rolleyes:

I ordered on the 15th as well but still the pretty much meaningless "in progress"

Figures someone with another one already would go to the head of the line.

Where are you located? I'm wondering if geographic region makes a difference.

I'm on LI in NY.

11. HDJulie, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Wow, I got really lucky. I ordered online from the AT&T site on Sunday March 13th around 1:30 PM. I ordered a 16GB Black 3G & the site said 14 - 21 days. It shipped the next day.

12. George254 macrumors newbie

Yesssssssssss...

Apple IPAD2 COMPUTER
    Shipped
    03/31/11

DFW Airport, TX, United States 04/01/2011 4:51 A.M. Origin Scan
    United States 03/31/2011 11:40 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

13. noahc thread starter macrumors member

Mine ordered 3/15 shipped on Thursday night; currently in-transit with USPS. I expect it Monday. I guess their 3 week estimate was right on the money.

14. javisan macrumors regular

Hi,

I ordered my iPad 2 on 3/14/2011 in my local AT&T Store in PR. There were no updates on the order status page until 3/29/2011 when I received an e-mail that the iPad has shipped and it gave me the tracking number. They shipped it through FedEx and I picked it up the next day at the AT&T store.

The wait was not so bad after all, it was just 2 weeks.