AT&T or APPLE store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speeddevil45678, Jul 2, 2008.

?

Which type of store will you be getting your 3G Iphone at?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2008.
  1. AT&T

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Apple retail

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. speeddevil45678 macrumors member

I live literally 2 miles away from the famous 24/7 5th ave store in NYC, but on 7/11 im going to go to a local AT&T store in Queens just so there is less foot traffic both outside and inside the store. Anyone else doing this?

2. kappaman210 macrumors newbie

I work very close by there also, but I may just go to a different apple store or even an at&t store before work or during my lunch break. We'll see.

3. wako macrumors 65816

It is just blasphemy to buy an Apple product in another store other than an Apple store in my books

4. dragonslayer458 macrumors member

dragonslayer458

the nearest apple store to me is almost an hour away. so i'm going to the at&t store about 5 minutes away

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'm in DC and there are a couple AT&T stores by the metro near where I work for me to try before work and then at my lunch hour and then again after work (All if need be, hopefully I'll be posting on here from it by 10am!). I figure with 4 in such close vicinity they can't all be sold out or packed... can they?

6. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

I'm going to the one on Steinway Street in Astoria, Queens. It's a five-minute walk and the 5th avenue store is always such a mob scene (damn tourists!!! :D).

Of course, I'm going on 7/14 because I have to fly to an out-of-town wedding on launch day :mad:

Hey, my first post here! And don't worry...I don't always use two smilies in my posts. Frankly, it annoying and I don't know why I did it.

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

if the apple store starts selling at 8am, i'll go there, otherwise it's ATT for me.

8. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

9. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I still need more information to make my final decision. I will go to the store which opens 1st. Apple or AT&T if they are both selling at time of opening.

I also want to know the final details of the activation process:
    all instore, partial instore and partial home

Finally, who will have the better selection and pricing for accessories, such as:
    car charger (if my old iPhone wont work), screen protector and silicon case