AT&T order changed to BACKORDERED

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chanl, Sep 14, 2014.

1. chanl macrumors member

Yesterday my status (6+) read "preparing to ship".... today it changed to "backordered" How the flip does this happen????? I went BACKWARDS in the line and I ordered at 3:06AM EST! Not to mention my iPhone 5 fell in juice today so I have NO phone. smh. Guess I need to get in the store line.....

Has anyone else's status changed to back ordered today out of no where????

2. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

its AT&T matching phones with orders, this was the first update on the whole network, it means they have not paired your order to an iphone yet. and it may come in the 2nd shipment of iphones...what is your expected ship date?

3. Lasereyes macrumors member

Exact thing happened to me. Order went from October shipping to backordered to November shipping. Immediately canceled through AT&T corporate and now scrambling to see if I can avoid standing in line. Thanks AT&T!

4. Daniel L macrumors 6502

If you guys have ordered through AT&T before, people with backordered status got their phones on launch day. I know I did.

5. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I'd have held in because plenty of people cancel causing other orders to move up.

6. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I hope so.. bc my order just changed to "backordered" this morning.

7. chanl thread starter macrumors member

it was oct 13-22and :(

----------

Gee I hope you're right. I don't even have one phone at this point. what

8. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Maybe AT&T Premier customers are taking their spots at the head of the line. It's no better than First Class and Elite passengers boarding ahead of the riff raff no matter how early they checked in or showed up at the airport.

9. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yep. And your order status will continue to change till mid-Wednesday. Allotted inventory will continue to change as 1) canceled orders are reconciled and 2) Apple receives more inventory from China this week.

I have two orders, originally 9/23-10/2 shipment, changed to 16GB Pending, 64GB backordered. Just hang in there folks.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I ordered from ATT a couple years ago b/c Apple was already out of preorder inventory. My ATT order was "backordered" up until the day it was preparing to ship. I rec'd my phone on launch day as promised.

11. Deacon-Blues macrumors 6502

Deacon-Blues

I am a Premier customer. I just checked mine and it has also changed. Previously it said shipping 9/17-9/18. Now all dates have disappeared. It's just blank, apart from Shipping Status, which says In Progress, but it has always said that. I may be getting bumped as well. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it, it will come when it comes.

12. chanl thread starter macrumors member

i AM a Premier Customer hahaha

13. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

LOL... Maybe you just got jumped by all the employee orders ;)

Seriously, I hope things get sorted out for you, maybe even have it on Friday!

14. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

They did say First-Come First Serve... so I guess this was fore-shadowed. Especially with the amount of iPhones being sold

15. ThaRagingAsian macrumors 6502

ThaRagingAsian

Ordered mine at 4:30am EST. Showed preparing for shipping with a date of 10/31-11/11 on Friday and Saturday. Just checked today and it shows 10/13-10/22!!!! Good luck.

----------

Oh yeah. I'm a premier customer as well.

16. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Yup. Actually, with the 4 - my phone was on backorder until it shipped and then arrived a day EARLY!

17. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

Prayers sent.

You do realize that every year people who are next in line to get tracking are in 'backorder' status, right? Good grief some of you need to get ahold of yourselves and relax a moment.

18. c0reyann macrumors member

c0reyann

Mine did the same. On confirmation it was 7-14 business days, then preorder in progress, then 10/13 - 10/22, now back to preorder in process with no ship date. Hoping for good news but who the heck knows at this point. Have had two texts and an email confirmation as well. Premier ordered around 3:05AM EST #1014

19. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Just got a UPS Mychoice notification that a package is shipping for 9/19 delivery. Weight is 1.20 lbs - checked AT&T site and 16GB gold is pending shipping but 64GB silver is backordered.

Guess the backordered status is legit.

20. james92se macrumors 6502a

Exact same everything here. Only difference is I ordered at 2:08ish CST

What does #1014 mean?

21. chanl thread starter macrumors member

haha mine is #1014 as well I had no idea what that meant

22. Barbs macrumors 6502

Same as me. I ordered at 4:00am EST. I am praying I get my phone on Friday.

23. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I checked the order status again 5 mins ago.. and you know what? It changed again...

It was "backordered" this morning, and now it's "preparing to ship"!!
    But the estimate shipping date is still the same as before 10/31-11/11

Can't trust the AT&T order status

24. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

Premier is sort of a joke in that regard - I learned that the hard way with the iPhone 4 preorder/launch and again with this round. Premier gets stuck in whenever they enter it into the system, so often ends up behind some other AT&T customers that might have ordered slightly later - my iPhone 4 order was put weeks behind a friend who preordered the same model at the same time through AT&T's normal preorder system. it doesn't seem much changed in these four years.

In addition, if you want to cancel your preorder, it's often a huge process because their servers get slammed especially hard, where ultimately the only way is to call them and they never seem to be prepared to handle the volume (as opposed to AT&T's normal channel).

I changed my mind and wanted a regular 6, so I preordered from Apple with no issues on Friday mid-morning. My early-morning AT&T Premier pre-order was processing, so I cancelled it. I got an email that the cancellation failed with no explanation. Calling ended up getting me passed around since nobody could deal with Premier orders and I finally go a proper number. Calling that only got me disconnects - I finally was able to get through and got the preorder cancelled. It took forever for it to update, but it reminded me why I swore off Premier once before.

Other than Premier, AT&T has been great and I completely understand that there are some snags that are going to happen when the sheer volume of people want to get new iPhones all at the same time.

25. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

That is something I've heard a couple other times today as well. It's completely baffling why AT&T would treat their "premier" customers that way. It goes against what every other industry tries to distinguish between their top tier customers and others (airlines, hotels, Best Buy etc.)