AT&T order status - backlogged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hottoq, Oct 7, 2011.

1. hottoq macrumors newbie

I ordered my iPhone at 4AM EST last night from AT&T, and just logged on to AT&T's website to check my order status. One section says the order is processing, but another section says it's backordered. I'm guessing everything is fine and it's just saying this because it's a preorder, but I still wanted to check.

Is this what everyone else's order says on AT&T?

Attached Files:

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I suspect they don't have a "preorder" status built into the system and just use "backordered" in its place.

3. chdwil macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

OMG! It happens every year the same way.

4. hottoq thread starter macrumors newbie

Very funny :)

So is anyone else seeing the same screen?

5. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

Yes, I'm seeing that exact same thing. It's normal.

If you call the number listed there and go through the prompts to get an order status update by phone, it'll tell you that your preorder has been received and is in the warehouse awaiting the shipment date.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

YES! This is how it is. There is no PREORDER status so they use BACKORDERED. RELAX!!!

Essentially they DON'T have the phones in the warehouse so backordered would be the correct status.

7. fender57 macrumors 6502

As long as you get the confirmation e-mail stating the expected delivery date is 10/14 you're good. Over the years I've learned the minutia surrounding the data pertaining to the new iPhones and their delivery, is just noise. I'd simply trust the initial e-mail you received. I don't see this being a big cluster-you-know-what like the i4, despite the initial hiccup last night I believe everyone will get their i4S orders on the first day.

8. Jman13 macrumors 68000

My email confirmation didn't have an expected delivery date, though it did say the 14th when I checked out. My order status screen is identical to that posted, except for the type (white, 32gb).

9. hottoq thread starter macrumors newbie