AT&T ordering process is a mess

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevjen888, Mar 29, 2011.

1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

i pre-ordered an AT&T ipad 2 from my local AT&T store on 3/15, at the time they told me it'll take 2-3 weeks for it to ship and they'll charge my card when they ship. fine, only couple days later i found the exact model at my local Best Buy and i bought it. later that day i went to the AT&T store and canceled my pre-order; even had them email me a screen shot of the cancellation page. the next few days i noticed the status on the AT&T order status page still showing "in progress" rather than "canceled", i called up the store, they kept telling me it was indeed canceled and they emailed me the confirmation, blah blah blah. i called the AT&T 800 number and they told me they couldn't access my order since i didn't place it over the phone or online. guess what, today i received the shipping email from AT&T and my card was charged. it's no big deal, i can go to the store when the ipad gets in and have them refund my money, but it seems like there's no communication between the store and the order processing center, i predicted this all along after not seeing the status changes on AT&T's original order status. okay, /vent.

2. triplecore1 macrumors member

haha I guess your lucky many people are searching for a AT&T ipad2. you a lucky guy/gal (sorry couldn't tell from your use id. Kev and Jen haha.)