AT&T Outage in NJ Area? (EDGE)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hls811, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Has anyone else experienced issues yesterday and today? Around noon yesterday I lost my EDGE data connection, did the normal resets, etc but it didn't help. Then around 5:30 last night it came back.. (This is for EDGE only, I'm on a 1st Gen).

Again this morning when I went to grab my phone around 6:30, no data - and its still down.

I haven't read anything about it, usually there's a few threads, so I thought I'd check.

2. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

this may have a connection with AT&T downgrading edge in favor of 3G.

3. siegel9 macrumors newbie

Problems in Mercer County

Yeah, I live in Mercer County. My week old 16G 3GS had issues yesterday since about 4:30pm and continuing into this morning. No service or maybe one bar at home. Had to drive a couple of miles up the road to get full service and then lost it if I will not in sight of a cell tower. Called At&T last night after doing about everything I could to see if it was the phone's issue. They said that they have bee having "tower issues" and are actually working to upgrade. I could have seen a difference in as little as one hour but she said it may take 24 hours. I guess we'll see tonight. I asked for a credit and she gave me $25.

My wife's Samsung Flight had no problems and her work Blackberry seemed connected as well. The CSR said something about different phones being affected in different ways.