AT&T Paper Bill Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikes63737, Dec 10, 2007.

1. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

At home, we have a combined AT&T bill for home phone, crappy Internet, and our cell phones (1 non-iPhone, 1 iPhone)

Does anyone else have a similar situation? Do you get a paper bill or do you have to pay online? I don't think that my dad will pay any more for a paper bill...

Edit: I'm even more confused now. I remember hearing that you didn't get a paper bill if you had an iPhone, but now I saw something that said that they're just not itemizing things (which is fine) but still giving you a paper bill.

2. atarin macrumors regular

If your AT&T account is set for paper bills, you will still get a paper bill. Having an iPhone does not automatically sign you up for online billing.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I Second That Motion...

you can still have an online account which displays your detailed and itemized bill. You have the option to STOP receiving a bill in the mail, (I strongly recommend that you continue to receive the "paper bill" since it's difficult to make copies online and the storage of the bill is limited) but it's "not cheaper" to have the bill sent to your home address. (We have 2 iPhones and 2 Blueberry, and we've always received a paper bill in the mail). :cool:

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

ATT charges people $1.99 per iphone line if they request a detailed bill.

Basically they have not gotten enough people to opt for paperless billing to save money and are now being heavy handed in forcing people to pay for detailed paper bills which ends up saving the company money because the less paper it uses, the more profits end up in their bottom line. Plus the added advantage that it's much easier to miss an extra charge when browsing through the detailed phone bills when viewing in PDF format. You could print out all 60-300 pages of your ATT phone bill yourself, but who wants to waste that much paper or ink.

I personally like the paperless system. I've used it for at least 2 years now and I am a neat freak and very organized so I save all of my electronic bills in my portable hard drive.

Hey at least ATT is finally bringing back the option to download your bill in PDF format again. I was pissed when they eliminated the PDF download method and only offered downloads via excel formats. ATT PDF downloads are easy.

But to each their own, if you prefer paper over electronic, than ATT is screwing you over since they require you to pay extra for the detailed billing.