AT&T Partner Network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mst90, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mst90 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I'm here in Forsyth, Montana, the most people here are using Verizon, but I've bought a iPhone 4 with a AT&T Prepaid Card and the Card is working well, but I've some big problems with the network here.
    We have here no AT&T Network, only partner Network:
    - a network called 'USA-EXTEDED AREA' which my iPhone is using normaly and fall of the village has no coverage with this network and i often fall out of the network at home.
    - and we have "CHINOOK" Network witch ist good at my home and in the whole village (my german SIM uses this network).

My problem is, that my phone will not go in the CHINOOK Network, but I've read that normally AT&T iPhones working in the CHINOOK Network.

I'm very happy about all your help and hope my english is good enough (i'm here since 2 weeks ;))

2. macrazee macrumors regular

Unfortunately AT&T PrePaid doesn't allow you to roam on to other networks. Period. It's blocked on the SIM.

Postpaid (regular contract) accounts CAN roam on to other carriers.

3. mst90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here AT&T has no own network and i can roaming in the USA-Extended-Area network.