AT&T payments...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanielQ, Jul 7, 2008.

1. DanielQ macrumors member

I don't know where, but I read that a credit or debit card is required on Friday to get the iPhone and cash isn't acceptable. Is this true? If so, why?

2. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

I think this is only for Apple Stores.... I plan on paying in cash at the AT&T Store!

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

To be on the safe side, don't go with cash. Hell, its never wise to carry that much cash to a launch of a tech product.

4. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Well, at Apple, here is the process: The only forms of accepted payment for an iPhone 3G will be credit cards, debit cards, or Apple gift cards. However, gift cards can still be purchased with cash or a check at the stores' front POS (iMac) systems will be used in-store iPhone 3G checkout process so that only handheld EasyPay systems. There have been a few reports concerning AT&T retail purchase experience that seems to be simular. More specific details will be out by July 9.:apple:

5. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

Dude you will be fine it's only $300 or so dollars Im pretty sure AT&T takes cash because my dad used an upgrade and paid the 49.99

6. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

+1 for NOT carrying cash on launch day. bad idea.

7. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

I have bought a XBOX 360 and a PS3 on Launch using cash I Just waited until they handed out the tickets and went and got the cash and came back.... if anything I would think it's more dangerous walking out of the store with the actual product...

8. DanielQ thread starter macrumors member

I'll be going to an AT&T store. I just turned 18 a few weeks ago, so I don't have a credit card.... so I sort of need cash to be an option.