AT&T phones that play nice with Macs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by g-fixie, Jun 28, 2010.

1. g-fixie macrumors newbie

I'm getting a new iPhone, but my wife also needs a new phone. She doesn't want or need all the features (and data costs) of a smart phone just a keyboard for texting. It'd also be nice if it would also sync with her MacBook.

Any suggestions?

2. ihaveNFC Guest

If there's no need for the features of an iPhone (or data plan), what's there to sync? Do you mean pics and mp3s?

3. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I have had good luck with Sony's phones, but it looks like a lot of Nokia's work too. My latest phone is a samsung and does a terrible job of syncing.

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

+1 on Sony Ericcson

I sometimes still miss my w760a slider that I had before I got my first iPhone when the 3GS came out. Great features, and an amazing camera. Also, it comes with a USB cable, and you can transfer files and stuff via Bluetooth to your Mac. It doesn't have a qwerty keyboard for testing, but I would assume most SE's will work the same as far as the syncing goes.

5. g-fixie thread starter macrumors newbie

Any other personal experiences with phones?

Contacts, picutres, and calendar mostly.

I've heard that Sonys, Motorolas and Nokias sync the best with Macs but I'm wondering what people in the Macrumors community have been happy with in the past.