AT&T Playing Games with unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pugnut, Dec 29, 2010.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

My unlimited data renews monthly on the 29th without fail. Today it did not autorenew and when I attempted to add the data the unlimited data option is no longer there.

After a few rounds with AT&T, who was trying to tell me that the Unlimited option goes away for 1 year, they bumped the issue up. Oddly enough by the time the supervisor got on the call the unlimited data option appeared.

Turns out that they needed to add my IMEI back to the system, they said it was their mistake. I call BS.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Have you recently updated your iOS software? There've been multiple complaints regarding unlimited data not renewing and updating your iPad.

3. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope.

4. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

I had a slightly different situation,my credit card expired and when I updated it they dropped unlimited data.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

Happened to mine and my wife's iPads after we updated. AT&T fixed it with a brief call and they couldn't have been nicer. Sounds like you spoke with someone unfamiliar with iPads. They always give their names when I call, maybe you can provide constructive criticism. However, generally attributing it to AT&T is misguided.

6. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

After being told that it was a Apple problem, and that the unlimited offer had expired I tend to believe that it is a training issue with the express intent of driving people to accept it and get off the unlimited plan. Their customer service sucks.

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Well, the unlimited offer has expired in a way. By having kept your unlimited plan from the beginning you probably are in a pretty small percentage of users still grandfathered in to the unlimited plan.

They probably get a lot of calls about "Hey I just got a new iPad, I thought I remembered something about an unlimited data option?" for which the standard cookie-cutter answer is some variation of "Sorry, that offer expired a while ago".

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Well, my experience couldn't be further from what you describe (and this was no more than a few weeks ago). Both times the rep acknowledged the problem and reset it on their system.