AT&T Pre Order Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bueller1, Sep 11, 2014.

1. bueller1 macrumors 6502

As a New Yorker trying to order on Next I'm pissed off that I have to resort to ordering through them. Their website is already acting up. Can anyone shed some light on their experience with ordering through AT&T? Every year I went with apple.com.

2. jnappleseed macrumors member

I used the att website for the iPhone 5s preorder. It was the worst decision. I finished my order 1 minute after the pre orders started. I first got an email thanking me. Hours later I got another email telling me my device was back ordered. Like wtf. I finished a minute after pre orders started. I'll never use the att website again for pre orders. And friend, also had att at the time, used the apple website and he placed his order minutes after me and he got device on time.

3. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

4. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

So when did you end up getting it? I thought there was no 5S Preorder?

5. bobright macrumors 601

When did you get your phone?

Good thread OP very interested in the experience as I'm leaning toward going through them and buying at full retail.

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I cant even sign in to the company premier account :(

7. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got about 3 different errors in the past 5 min logging in

8. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yeah the company premier site is down right now. I dont think I can go through the apple store and get all my discounts since im opening a new line on a 10GB plan so I need my $25 off and corporate discount off the plan!

9. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I tried using AT&T to pre-order the 5.

NEVER AGAIN!

They did not deliver on Launch Day and could not give me ANY information on when the phone was coming. Even though they had not even processed the order, it took TWO WEEKS before they would allow me to even cancel the 'order.' Finally, I was able to cancel and walked in to the Apple Store and just bought one.

If you're lucky, maybe they fixed their flaws...maybe...

10. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

My buddy had the same problem last year. He got his a week after launch day. That was for the 5 though. Two years ago.

11. james92se macrumors 6502a

5 hours to go and their site is already basically FUBAR

I pre-ordered my 5 through AT&T and it was a miracle I ever got through. I fought with it for about 30 straight minutes of refreshing only to get 75% through the process and getting kicked out over and over and over and over.

As far as I know, those of us on grandfathered unlimited data MUST pre-order through AT&T, correct?

12. wxnats macrumors 6502a

I can't even get into their website right now. I get the "AT&T Big Event" webpage with a countdown clock until 3AM.

13. lhfan04 macrumors newbie

This is weird that some people are reporting slow or unresponsiveness with the att website currently. Both the mobile and full website are running flawless for me.

Any who, I have a question, I remeber hearing rumblings about being able to preorder on the att website and then being able to pick up in store, is this true at all?

14. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

:mad:

Attached Files:

15. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

That has never been the case in the past. Did something change?

16. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

17. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

18. james92se macrumors 6502a

That's why I had to order through AT&T two years ago for the 5. The Apple site makes you select current plans and doesn't give you the option to keep obsolete plans.

For example, I'm on the old $5 200 text message plan and unlimited data ($72 total per month after all taxes and fees :cool:). Doing it through Apple's site tried to force me onto current plans. Maybe it was my text message plan that was the issue. I'm darn sure not paying for an unlimited text plan because that defeats one of the inherent benefits of iMessage.

I do remember a lot of threads on here about people forced onto new plans through Apple and then having to bicker with AT&T to try to get them to retroactively correct it.

19. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yeah thats whats coming up right now....Are you going through the business site?

20. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

i can't even log into the elgibility section!!!

----------

so did i

21. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

No regular site. www.att.com

22. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me, hopefully it's fixed around 3 am

23. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

gotcha, I was going through my corporate discount site and its saying the same thing, a friend of mine just got off the phone with an AT&T rep and they said that they are prepping the site for tonight...

24. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

Maybe it was the text plan that was the problem. I ordered online last year from Apple and was able to keep my unlimited data. I can't remember if I ordered the 5 online or went to the store, but I know I've done upgrades some years online with Apple and I've always kept my data plan. I hope they don't change that. I prefer ordering directly from Apple.

25. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

It's been two years since I've pre-ordered. If I have three lines under one account that want to upgrade, will I be able to do all three at once before checking out? Or will I need to do one at a time and each time doing its own check out.