Carrier AT&T pre-order questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MusicEnthusiast, Sep 10, 2015.

1. MusicEnthusiast, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

For those who went through an AT&T last year, how was your experience with pre-ordering the iPhone 6 plus? How was the availability at the time? And did you get your iPhone on launch day or was it heavily delayed? I am buying on contract price.

I want a 64gb space grey. Not sure how
    popular that one will be this Saturday.

Any insight welcome here, it's my first pre-order and I'm getting nervous already. Thanks!

2. trek360 macrumors 6502

Ordered Iphone 6 last year via ATT on launch day. No problems. Went smooth even though didn't order right at midnight got the phone on launch day. The original delivery estimate was 7-14 days.

A complaint I recall from previous launches is that some orders are filled first even though they were placed after other people. I have no idea how ATT does their allocation but that can be a frustration.

3. ticman macrumors regular

4. ticman macrumors regular

ordered iphone 6 at 3:01 EST on att website. no problems. received phone on launch day delivered to my home

5. MusicEnthusiast thread starter macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

That's good!

Was the website really slow? And what GB model did you buy?

6. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

How's the process doing that these days? Do you log into your account, select the line you want to upgrade or is there a faster way? I feel stupid asking this but I haven't preordered an iPhone through att since the 3GS or 4 perhaps, always through Apple but now with the 2 year contracts, I have to switch my ways.

7. MusicEnthusiast thread starter macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Yeah, how does it work?

I have to transfer upgrades with someone on my plan (contract), but when I go to transfer, it doesn't save it when I go back to the main page. It wants me to pick a phone now. I want to transfer it before preorder.