AT&T pre-order rant.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Space Ace, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Space Ace macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered my black 16 gig 4S at my local AT&T store on Saturday Oct. 8to be shipped to my house. Shipping to my house was the only option they gave me. This was my first time pre-ordering an iPhone. As of today, my order still shows as backordered. Yet people are walking into stores all over the country and picking one up without a pre-order at all. What's the point of pre-ordering then? Shouldn't the extra store stock be going to the pre-orders first? It's probably because I went through AT&T and not Apple. Pointless thread, but I just don't understand their logic.

2. mnmboca macrumors newbie

We're in the same boat here.
    got that text message from AT&T trying to calm us down. This really rots. The manager of our at&t store who did our pre order is off til Monday.
    She will hear from us big time.

3. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Sorry for your troubles. I understand your frustration and I'd be pissed as well. I pre ordered with Apple, but missed the first window. I was not able to cancel the pre order with Apple. So as a result I was not able to purchase one at the AT&T store today because Apple has me under contract even though I don't have the phone. I even called Apple to no avail. So, I don't think your mistake was going through AT&T instead of Apple. Lesson learned, no more preordering for me. I'll just take my chances and walk into the store on launch day. Can't change the wind so, next time, I'll change my sales (sails). :rolleyes:

Oh, I agree with you about extra store stock going to those who pre ordered but, evidently, it doesn't work that way.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

last year people were waiting weeks for a 4 if they ordered online. the stores were full of them

then it hit me. apple has retail stores that cost money to operate. only logical to prioritize inventory to the retail stores

5. Space Ace thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your understanding guys. I know it's all just business to them, but it still sucks. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering again. Oh well, I'm still using my 3GS with IOS 5 in the mean time, running good by the way. Good luck to all. Cheers.

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Pre Orders