AT&T Pre-order thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadfreak, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ipadfreak, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011

ipadfreak macrumors regular

This is the official ATT preorder thread.

I ordered around 5 AM with ATT, and immediately got an email confirmation, but it does not show up under ATT's order status page. Does it take time?

Also, I also did a reservation with Apple, but did not give them my credit card number. Will it screw things up with AT&T?:confused:

2. iKidWare macrumors member

Got my reservation from apple 2 hrs ago,just got my second email and processed my order, PATIENCE is a virtue my friend

3. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

I ordered my AT&T iPhone via the apple.com site around 6:10am. Received my acknowledgement email from them at 6:57am.

4. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Placed mine with AT&T around 7:00AM EST and received conf email at 7:09AM EST.

5. Los macrumors regular

I ordere somewhere around 2:50 am central time zone and didn't get the confirmation email till about 30 mins later. Order Statis page shows as processing. :)

6. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

Did anyone on here order from apple or AT&T online, & you have a business account with AT&T?

7. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

Probably need to take that question to the Official AT&T Business Account thread. :D

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

I've been on an AT&T FAN account for years, family plan w/ 5 lines.

Ordered an upgrade via Apple.com about 6am Eastern, smooth as silk, received email order acknowledgement at 6:16am. Added AppleCare+ (can always cancel for prorated refund) and the system carried my unlimited data through with no apparent issues.

9. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Started out trying to order from Apple.com but it kept bogging down at the "confirm I'm eligible for an upgrade" part (where it goes out to AT&T). The Apple part of the site seemed to be working OK but when it went out to AT&T it failed. After several attempts I took a chance and tried the AT&T site thinking it was a longshot because it was the bottleneck in the process over at Apple. Much to my surprise I went through the whole process at the AT&T site n one try in just a couple of minutes. Ordered at 4:34 a.m. EST and confirmation e-mail came instantly.

10. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Mine oder stats page says "processing" as well. Whatever that means

What is really odd is I still haven't received an email confirmation.

11. oshia86 macrumors regular

Ordered a Black 32gb this morning. Got my confirmation email already. That was pretty painless.

12. Clusty macrumors regular

I never entered any contact information or payment information into Apple.com, but whenever I try to check my eligibility, it gives me the "Order Already Exists" error. According to the woman I spoke to at Apple, that means that I have an order reserved and I will be contacted about it.

I'm a little concerned about this because it has said this since 4:30 AM and I still haven't received an email.

13. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Should NOT have woke up at 2:50 am.

Did and got NOWHERE (Apple on the phone, Apple on line, Att on the phone and, Att on Line.)

Said screw this, came to work (at 5:45am). Imediatly got Apple.com reservation, didnt trust it, locked down an iPhone (with Credit card) on ATT.com, with conf date, conf # and conf email.

Just got Apple Confirmation email wich I will ignore and let expire.

Like someone said......PATIENCE.

BTW..... I had to go through business accounts because of my FAN discount (which ALWAYS burns me).

14. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

I too have a FAN discount but I was able to order two iPhone 4s online this morning with no issues. I just completed the second one a couple of minutes ago (say 8:02 am). I haven't gotten either of my order confirmations yet but I'm sure they will be here soon.

I saved copies as pdfs AND printed a copy of my confirmation pages from Apple's website. So, if there is any problems I have proof that I placed the orders early. I figure that will help if there's any technical issues.

15. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

AT&T Messed Up

Ordered from AT&T at 8am EST.

Ticked because I was up at 3am, and AT&T's website did NOT have the 4S option although they had the Pre-Order button. It led to the 4 only for me and some others. So suddenly NOW the 4S is available. It's obviously an error on AT&T's part, and I will probably suffer a delayed backorder as a result.

Woke up early for nothing.

----------

I should have done what you did. I think this is my last time waking up at an unGodly hour to beat the rush. This time it didn't work, I'm up late, can't hit the gym, gonna miss breakfast, etc. Oh, but hey, I ordered my 4S...at 8am. Woo :(

16. SharepointGuy macrumors member

SharepointGuy

What a short night.

I woke up around 3 AM EST and then proceeded to wait like a zombie until about 4:30 when i finally relented for some sleep. My main issue was that I had a premier account and the premier site was down so i couldn't order. I set my alarm for 5:30 AM and was on and off the PC within 5 minutes with my new 64 GB Iphone 4s.

Estimated received date is October 14th :)

17. TheNextHendrix macrumors newbie

In my order list is looking fine and I have gotten the email saying it has been processed, but is it normal for the shipment status to say "BackOrdered"? I ordered around 3:30 am CEN last night and got the processed email at 4:46.

18. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

No email confirmation yet, but a pending charge for the full price on my AMEX

19. DarbCU macrumors newbie

I was finally able to order around 6am and got a confirmation e-mail, but my address is listed wrong in the e-mail! it is my parents old address! how did they screw this up, I didn't even have to enter it anywhere and the address was definetly changed on AT&T

20. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

so, is there no more pre order for pickup, because i can't have the phone shipped to a P.O box and id love it if i didn't have to wait in a 5 hour line. Ive seen lines at the apple stores on launch day and thats something i really would rather prefer not to do.